By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - HW YOY 2014 vs 2015 Weekly/YTD

As I had predicted 3ds yoy down 2015 obliterated by New3ds/xl release!Furthemore,as I see and I can't say that I didn't expect that but I was cautious,3DS not only vanished the yoy down thanks to new3ds/xl release but it also got considerably yoy up because of it...
Interesting,lets see its perfomance in the following months....
Will doubters/downplayers of New 3ds/xl will finally stop saying that 3DS will be yoy down in 2015...?LOL

Around the Network
tak13 said:
As I had predicted 3ds yoy down 2015 obliterated by New3ds/xl release!Furthemore,as I see and I can't say that I didn't expect that but I was cautious,3DS not only vanished the yoy down thanks to new3ds/xl release but it also got considerably yoy up because of it...
Will doubters/downplayers of New 3ds/xl will finally stop saying that 3DS will be yoy down in 2015...?LOL

Why don't you take your own advice and wait to see its performance in the coming months before calling out people.

TheGoldenBoy said:
tak13 said:
As I had predicted 3ds yoy down 2015 was obliterated by New3ds/xl release!Furthemore,as I see and I can't say that I didn't expect that but I was cautious,3DS not only vanished the yoy down thanks to new3ds/xl release but it also got considerably yoy up because of it...

Why don't you take your own advice and wait to see its performance in the coming months before calling out people.

Because It's needless for me to wait and decide about yoy up/yoy down!New3ds/xl is a worthy upgrade,so thanks to it,3ds will be yoy up in 2015...

Let's not forget the announcement in Japan in August that made the decline in 2014 way bigger that it would be without it and that 3DS was badly needing a revision in early 2014 as two years had passed since 3DSXLIn consequence,3DS sales in 2014 aren't quite high to not be surpassable in 2015 with a release of a  radical revision...

All of my predictions about New3ds/xl have been verified,like my recent about first week sales in the west and sales in Japan for the same week...

First week New3ds/xl sales have ''killed''many doubters claimings!I remember  someone predicting 265k(A significant proportion of members  had similar predictions) 3DS for February's NPD and I castigated him because it's low considering the New3ds/xl release,unfortunately he was ironical with me!

New3ds xl sold 175k in the week of release in the USA plus a possible 19k for the old models and the 25k from the previous week equals to 219k,that's in just two weeks and that makes the 265k prediction and others near to it for a whole month to seem tragicomic and underestimating...

It's really impressive to see the turnaround MS has made, even though numbers are still quite small, they're ALOT better than last year.

Pretty good results for both the Wii U and the Xbox ONE, let's hope NPD will confirm those rises in sales.

And N3DS, what a nice way to say hello in the west

Around the Network

I forgot to mention in the update that 2015 Vita numbers were slightly updated by VGC... Some weeks down, some weeks up... no big deal. Just to let you guys know...

Ps4 likely undertracked like last year at the same period

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Ps4 likely undertracked like last year at the same period

You can't really say that anymore...

As ps4 was heavily overtracked recently while you and others were saying that it was heavily undertracked...

You don't like the 170k about ps4?I'm finding it pretty good...

Don't forget,Jan's npd 2014 310k vs Jan's npd 2015 197k...

A down yoy for ps4 isn't irrational,the hype effect of the 1st year is off...

Tagging.

It is a little strange to see the PS4 flat YoY (down in USA and Europe). Hasn't the second year always been better than the first? This is definately not a good sign.
Nice thread to follow. Thanks for the effort.

Well, i told you you'd have to change all these PS4 numbers soon , a lot of work

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m