By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - HW YOY 2014 vs 2015 Weekly/YTD

tagging for awesomeness.

PS4 should be down YOY for the next 3/4 months. kinda hard competing with that initial launch frenzy.

Around the Network

Nice collection of data. Almost everything down pretty bad from last year. Last Gen dying is understandable though, but this year could be the last where they enjoy any kind of relevancy. By some divine influence, WiiU is actually up.

Symbios63 said:
small44 said:
Surprised how ps4 is down yoy i hope it's undertracked

Well, we were still pretty close from launch craze in January 2014...

I would not be surprised if PS4 is slightly down yoy in the US and Europe this January.

It did 176k last year it's not that big number.

And xbox1 is up yoy even if the launch was clode to January 2014

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:

Well, sells in January are usually pretty low so 176k is pretty good imo.

You have a point with XBO. But it was 500$ with mandatory kinect in 2014. It gained momentum at the end of last year (US and UK) which it may have kept. It may also be strongly overtracked ;) Time will tell.

Symbios63 said:
small44 said:

Well, sells in January are usually pretty low so 176k is pretty good imo.

You have a point with XBO. But it was 500$ with mandatory kinect in 2014. It gained momentum at the end of last year (US and UK) which it may have kept. It may also be strongly overtracked ;) Time will tell.

I know it's not bad but i expected more

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Here are the new numbers :

Some adjstments were made by VGC for the last two weeks : All three current gen home consoles are slightly up. I did adjust the tables accordingly.

Good job WiiU and XBO !! Vita is depressing (undertracked ?). 3DS holding ok (almost flat in Japan, New 3DS launch should give a nice boost in the west).

OP was updated.

Very nice and yseful thread! Symbios, can you also add totals for handhelds, consoles and overall total? It could be interesting!

small44 said:
Surprised how ps4 is down yoy i hope it's undertracked

Why are you surprise?? Last year PS4 was the Bomb and Xbox One was overpriced with Kinect bundle. The perception was Xbox one was clearly an overpriced inferior product. (They weren't wrong). The competition was doing a very bad job taking away sales from Sony. 

This year the Xbox one is actually cheaper and is an acceptable alternative to PS4. 

Sharu said:
Very nice and yseful thread! Symbios, can you also add totals for handhelds, consoles and overall total? It could be interesting!

Thanks.

Here is a new version. I added totals as you suggested (good idea).

I also added Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft global numbers.

Very nice thread.

So far so good for the Wii U. Cmon keep it up!
And Japan being Japan as usual I see.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda