By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Masahiro Sakurai may step away from game development

Tagged games:

I wouldn't blame him if he did. I think he already contributed to the company enough.

Around the Network

This would be very sad indeed if it did happen.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

kidvizious said:
I hope he goes then. All I ever hear from him is whining. He hardly has anything positive to say about his games or fans. Just whining how he wishes he would stop making SSB games and games in general. I felt that Sm4sh was rushed in terms of content and stages. His attitude further makes me think this.

Point is, he has done his part for the Smash series. Now it's time for a new director who won't loathe every minute of the development process but instead enjoys doing it.

This.

I can understand, sometimes, we need to throttle back.

It'll be hard to fill his shoes, but it'll be interesting to see the direction the next Smash game will take. I love Smash 4, so it'll be pretty hard to top.

Around the Network

Yeah right... When he has been given a platform to show of his art, his views, his creativity... He is kinda presenting himself like a spoiled brat when talking in such a way...

When there are thousands of people wishing to be in a similair influential position...

Well, it is bound to happen. Can't blame him either for wanting to take a break!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I'd be fine if Sakurai took a break. I think there's a pretty solid framework from which SSB4 can continue to have content expansions without his involvement. Additionally, I'd like the Smash franchise to start heading into some new directions -- like Super Smash Warriors!

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

kidvizious said:
I hope he goes then. All I ever hear from him is whining. He hardly has anything positive to say about his games or fans. Just whining how he wishes he would stop making SSB games and games in general. I felt that Sm4sh was rushed in terms of content and stages. His attitude further makes me think this.

Point is, he has done his part for the Smash series. Now it's time for a new director who won't loathe every minute of the development process but instead enjoys doing it.

Yeah go for the job then troll. Sakurai was one of the most commited to fans director. I know no other single game that have a level of fan service as high as smash. The japanese work ethic is extremely demanding and sakurai was probably one of the most intense case in this regard. But I bet it is too much for you to understand.

Mod edit - Leadified