By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you date a transsexual?

Well, would you?

Definitively. 80 7.70%

Yes, but only if attracti... 139 13.38%

Yes...but only completely post-op. 26 2.50%

I don't know. 74 7.12%

Probably not; I would be ... 113 10.88%

No. 374 36.00%

Transsexuality is disgusting. 155 14.92%

You're weird, Wright. 78 7.51%

Total:1,039
Ka-pi96 said:

It's not a dysfunction, physical or mental! Neither is homosexuality. People can live however they want and like different things. That doesn't make them ill or mean they need to be 'cured' or anything like that.

Technically I think it would be considered an "illness". It is a mental abnormality which affects the way you perceive yourself. Whether or not it is a negative thing is really just down to perspective and doesn't really matter in this context.

Seece said:
alabtrosMyster said:

How is it not, if you think you date but there is no expectation of some sort of sexual act somewhere in the plan, you are just hanging out, then it really does not matter weather or not the person is trans gender, male or female, because attraction should not come into play.

Sexuality isn't sex.

From my perspective, sexuality or sexual preference refers to both gender (sociological) and sex (biological). Do you disagree? Could you explain what you are trying to say please...

Around the Network

I have and would again. I'm gay but it's not like I'm attracted to the penises specifically.

Ka-pi96 said:

So merely having different preferences to the norm is considered an illness now? What ever happened to free will, or is that an illness too?

With normal homosexuality, I would say no, its not an illness (although its certainly debatable), because from my perspective, that is a preference, and not an error in perception. However, with the "I am a woman trapped in a mans body" (and vise versa) scenario which I'd assume is common among transsexuals, that is due to some mental imbalance causing a change or error (ignore the stigma on the word "error" please) in self perception.

There is a lot of fuzzy philosophy when we get down to the fact that we as humans are just a bundle of chemicals wrapped in meat. What is a decision but a chemical impulse? 

I know I've thought a good deal about depression and depression medication. If my chemical makeup determines who I am, then is taking depression medication "fixing" me, or changing me into someone I'm not? What makes up my identity?

I think you should get past the stigmatized idea of "illness" which you seem to be hung up on...

I'm quite a liberal person but I don't think I'd be attracted to a trans gender person.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

spemanig said:
Wright said:

I don't judge what people truly think about these matters. I put the option on the poll because I know some people (according to it, quite a lot) believe transsexuality is disgusting. There's some users that openly admit so, and I see no problem in expressing their own opinion. Sure, I would prefer people choosing other options, but hey.

To me, it's as dispicable as finding a race, religioun, or sexual orientation "disgusting." I can't tolerate intolerance. It feels like listening to Donald Sterling talk, but he at least genuinely believes he's not racist.

I don't like when people compare sexuality or gender change to race.Race is natual and no one can choose their race.Going through a gender/sexual transition is not natural.I don't personally find it disgusting,but finding something disgusting is not intolernce.

Around the Network

well yeah

SkyHold said:
spemanig said:

To me, it's as dispicable as finding a race, religioun, or sexual orientation "disgusting." I can't tolerate intolerance. It feels like listening to Donald Sterling talk, but he at least genuinely believes he's not racist.

I don't like when people compare sexuality or gender change to race.Race is natual and no one can choose their race.Going through a gender/sexual transition is not natural.I don't personally find it disgusting,but finding something disgusting is not intolernce.

you dont understand... beeing transgender, or gay is natural. the operation isnt, but it makes living better for those people so why not? religion on the other hand is a choice and not natural, and discriminating people because of choices is totaly okay.

Mod Edit - Removed Pic and User Moderated - Leadified

Okay, I change my vote.

badgenome said:
Okay, I change my vote.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!