By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you date a transsexual?

Well, would you?

Definitively. 80 7.70%

Yes, but only if attracti... 139 13.38%

Yes...but only completely post-op. 26 2.50%

I don't know. 74 7.12%

Probably not; I would be ... 113 10.88%

No. 374 36.00%

Transsexuality is disgusting. 155 14.92%

You're weird, Wright. 78 7.51%

Total:1,039
TheJimbo1234 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Except they can get male/female hormones anyways, so that isn't true...

*facepalm*

That does not change pheremones though as hormones only combat the persons natural hormones rather than utterly replace.

Humans don't have pheremones.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network
BraveNewWorld said:
TheJimbo1234 said:

*facepalm*

That does not change pheremones though as hormones only combat the persons natural hormones rather than utterly replace.

Humans don't have pheremones.

Erm, nope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pheromone#Humans

Every animal does, why would we not have any?

TheJimbo1234 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Nope.
Thing is, when you meet people like this, you don't have the same chemistry as you would with someone of the opposite sex (down to pheromones, naturalistics picking things up etc). Until science can change their DNA, most people wouldn't be comfortable.

Except they can get male/female hormones anyways, so that isn't true...

*facepalm*

Except they are replaced, a male to female transitioner takes anti androgens as well as estrogens, their testicles atrophy to the point they are practically dead. It is called hormone replacement therapy for a reason. 

I wonder how many people here would change their minds if they understood the whole issue better.

Maelstrome said:
TheJimbo1234 said:

*facepalm*

Except they are replaced, a male to female transitioner takes anti androgens as well as estrogens, their testicles atrophy to the point they are practically dead. It is called hormone replacement therapy for a reason. 

I wonder how many people here would change their minds if they understood the whole issue better.

It still doesn't work 100% though as your organs etc are not designed to do that. You can't replace genetics. Your body always fights any changes that happen so you don't change as much as you imply.

TheJimbo1234 said:
Maelstrome said:

It still doesn't work 100% though as your organs etc are not designed to do that. You can't replace genetics. Your body always fights any changes that happen so you don't change as much as you imply.

Yes it is not 100%, but I am confident that it is way more than you think.

As someone who has been intimate with woman, man and a trans woman, i can tell you from first hand experience that even body scent and sweat changes.

How about you do a bit of reading?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormone_replacement_therapy_(male-to-female)

And this for anyone that may have some curiousity for the topic in general.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9KKqP9IHa5ZxU84a_Jf0vIoAh7e8nj_lCW27KbYBh0/edit#gid=1074721744

Around the Network

As friends i don't have any problem but as something more serious (a date) definetly no.

Maelstrome said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Maelstrome said:

As someone who has been intimate with woman, man and a trans woman, i can tell you from first hand experience that even body scent and sweat changes.

And this for anyone that may have some curiousity for the topic in general.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9KKqP9IHa5ZxU84a_Jf0vIoAh7e8nj_lCW27KbYBh0/edit#gid=1074721744

No, I have met many people undergoing/gone therapy and it only works so well. It works best pre puberty, but again, sex organs won't develop so the results are always limit. You just clealry are happy to go with anything so that makes you very biased straight away.

TheJimbo1234 said:
Maelstrome said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Maelstrome said:

No, I have met many people undergoing/gone therapy and it only works so well. It works best pre puberty, but again, sex organs won't develop so the results are always limit. You just clealry are happy to go with anything so that makes you very biased straight away.

Saying it only works so well is vague so ill leave that one alone.

Point being the bio chem between trans and cis is closer than you realise. Keep in mind we were talking about hormones being replaced. The trans women that I have known talked about how there testosterone levels had been reduced to that of cis women.

Yes Trans women even after sex reassignment surgery still cant have children. Medical science will get there eventually.

On you calling me biased, I do not care whether or not people are willing to have intimate relationships with trans individuals, But when people think that it is just a choice,wrong,sin and that kind of stuff, i will speak up. It is a medical issue and should be treated as such. Reparaitive therapy and other such things have been shown ineffective. Transitioning has shown the best results,even more so when done as a replacement puberty.

No it'd be to confusing, women are already complicated enough.

Gilgamesh said:

No it'd be to confusing, women are already complicated enough.

So are men.