By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you date a transsexual?

Well, would you?

Definitively. 80 7.70%

Yes, but only if attracti... 139 13.38%

Yes...but only completely post-op. 26 2.50%

I don't know. 74 7.12%

Probably not; I would be ... 113 10.88%

No. 374 36.00%

Transsexuality is disgusting. 155 14.92%

You're weird, Wright. 78 7.51%

Total:1,039
alabtrosMyster said:

I don't think this is for everybody, like anything related to sexuality.

It has nothing to do with sexuality.

Around the Network

If they were feminine enough to fool me, then yes.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

spemanig said:
Kane1389 said:

In real life, the repulsiveness of transsexuality is a quite real and popular thing. Of course, spending  a lot of time in the echochambers and hug boxes online where opposite points of view are silenced and banned will lead one to believe that his/hers opinion is the only valid one. Thats why those people get shocked when they find out there are other opinions out there and that theirs isnt always the right one.

Yeah, and in the 18th century, the "repulsiveness of blacks" was quite a real and popular thing. In WW2 Germany, the "repulsiveness of Jewswas quite a real and popular thing. In post-9/11 America, the "repulsiveness of Muslimswas quite a real and popular thing. I'm not saying it's not real, or popular, or part of real life; I'm saying it's gross, intolerant, and unethical.

That wasnt my point actually, i wasnt comenting on wheter it was unethical or not.

However, Jewish origin, black skin colour and muslim religion aren't mental illness like transsexualism is, so it cant really be compared. It is normal for people to feel repulsed by an ilness (as this thread proves), especially if some people act like its not.

I got a lot of transexual fiends, but no. Out of natural reasons that in the future, i want a baby and i am not a big fan of adoption, not that i am against it, cuz i do feel bad about them and the situation they ended up in due for irresponsible parents or tragic accidents. i am just more primitive to the fact that i want to spread my genes. Which is also natural. I don't have anything against transsexuals. and i am just stating something most people already feel. Transsexuals would be better off, emotionally with other transsexuals. Cause they know each other better then most and can relate to each other at a higher ground then what most of Hetero, homosexuals would ever understand.  There is always someone, for someone.  

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Nope.
Thing is, when you meet people like this, you don't have the same chemistry as you would with someone of the opposite sex (down to pheromones, naturalistics picking things up etc). Until science can change their DNA, most people wouldn't be comfortable.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Kane1389 said:

That wasnt my point actually, i wasnt comenting on wheter it was unethical or not.

However, Jewish origin, black skin colour and muslim religion aren't mental illness like transsexualism is, so it cant really be compared. It is normal for people to feel repulsed by an ilness (as this thread proves), especially if some people act like its not.

Life choices aren't an illness...

its is not just a choice, it is an illness, just like homosexuality. they dont choose to be that way, they are born that way. i dont understand why somepeople think its not okay to call it an illness, normal people dont hate ill people, or say nasty things about ill people. you have to be a very bad person to be mean to a sick person. its just a minor body disfunction, nothing big, and there is no way to cure it so just let em life like they want.

Only if she looked like erica

Seece said:
alabtrosMyster said:

I don't think this is for everybody, like anything related to sexuality.

How is it not, if you think you date but there is no expectation of some sort of sexual act somewhere in the plan, you are just hanging out, then it really does not matter weather or not the person is trans gender, male or female, because attraction should not come into play.

alabtrosMyster said:
Seece said:

How is it not, if you think you date but there is no expectation of some sort of sexual act somewhere in the plan, you are just hanging out, then it really does not matter weather or not the person is trans gender, male or female, because attraction should not come into play.

Sexuality isn't sex.

Ka-pi96 said:
generic-user-1 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Kane1389 said:

Life choices aren't an illness...

its is not just a choice, it is an illness, just like homosexuality. they dont choose to be that way, they are born that way. i dont understand why somepeople think its not okay to call it an illness, normal people dont hate ill people, or say nasty things about ill people. you have to be a very bad person to be mean to a sick person. its just a minor body disfunction, nothing big, and there is no way to cure it so just let em life like they want.

It's not a dysfunction, physical or mental! Neither is homosexuality. People can live however they want and like different things. That doesn't make them ill or mean they need to be 'cured' or anything like that.

so you think its just a choice? if its just a life choice, there is no moral argument to let em marry each other or things like that. if its a sickness, its completly different and moral arguments arent a big problem, and it makes things a lot easyer for transpeople. the state pays for sexchanges in germany, its free like every other neeeded operation or medication.