By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you date a transsexual?

Well, would you?

Definitively. 80 7.70%

Yes, but only if attracti... 139 13.38%

Yes...but only completely post-op. 26 2.50%

I don't know. 74 7.12%

Probably not; I would be ... 113 10.88%

No. 374 36.00%

Transsexuality is disgusting. 155 14.92%

You're weird, Wright. 78 7.51%

Total:1,039

Nope

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
spemanig said:
On the one hand, it's frankly disgusting that even one person would pick the "disgusting" option, let alone it being the second highest selected choice. But on the other hand 501 at least somewhat accepting folk vs. 90 is a much better ratio than it probably used to be. Progress I guess.

I don't judge what people truly think about these matters. I put the option on the poll because I know some people (according to it, quite a lot) believe transsexuality is disgusting. There's some users that openly admit so, and I see no problem in expressing their own opinion. Sure, I would prefer people choosing other options, but hey.

Shadow1980 said:
I don't see any reason why not. Gender doesn't matter to me so long as they have a good personality and I find them attractive, and it just so happens I'm only attracted to feminine individuals. Their "equipment" doesn't matter to me; I discovered a long time ago that both sets have their own distinctive appeal to me. I prefer women as they have a sexually appealing physiology, and I like feminine faces, hips, legs, and butts. However, I wouldn't mind a good-looking post-op trans-woman, a really girly pre-op trans-woman (think Bailey Jay), or even a cis-gendered guy with a sufficiently feminine face and build (I've seen a few online, all of them Asian, interestingly enough; perhaps that's the source of both the bishounen and "trap" archetypes in anime & manga). But the "standard" male form just doesn't do anything for me. The typical build and facial structure of men isn't something I find attractive, nor do I find facial or body hair attractive. To put it crudely, it's not the junk that bothers me; it's the rest of their body that's a turn-off.

This is probably the most spot-on comment about how I truly feel about this matter.

Wright said:

I don't judge what people truly think about these matters. I put the option on the poll because I know some people (according to it, quite a lot) believe transsexuality is disgusting. There's some users that openly admit so, and I see no problem in expressing their own opinion. Sure, I would prefer people choosing other options, but hey.

To me, it's as dispicable as finding a race, religioun, or sexual orientation "disgusting." I can't tolerate intolerance. It feels like listening to Donald Sterling talk, but he at least genuinely believes he's not racist.

Scizor_99 said:

Sometimes naturalistic ethics are adhered to independently of religion though. For example, Someone could believe that living things should not be manipulated on the premise that we should "accept people for who they are". It doesn't need to have anything to do with religion. And people can still believe in souls/ spirits witout really ascribing to any doctrine.

Makes sense, but.....does a clone have a spirit? I agree that the naturalistic approach can be ascribed to the way one should live life outside of religion. The question still remains and we are still finding out a lot about ourselves as human beings today. The reason why I use religion is because religion affects a portion of society which is large enough not to be ignored. Once it gets into the fabric society eventually it can go from subculture to actual culture if not kept in check. I also understand that people can believe in spirits without doctrine. Thats no different than an athiest being able to have morality opposed to a large population which wonder how an athiest ever could because they lack religion. Its a cycle, you see.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
On the one hand, it's frankly disgusting that even one person would pick the "disgusting" option, let alone it being the second highest selected choice. But on the other hand 501 at least somewhat accepting folk vs. 90 is a much better ratio than it probably used to be. Progress I guess.u

In real life, the repulsiveness of transsexuality is a quite real and popular thing. Of course, spending  a lot of time in the echochambers and hug boxes online where opposite points of view are silenced and banned will lead one to believe that his/hers opinion is the only valid one. Thats why those people get shocked when they find out there are other opinions out there and that theirs isnt always the right one.

ils411 said:
I didn't read through all of the replies, but I dont get why "having children" is brought up...

Its just dating. Dating and marriage are completely different beasts. you could go out and date for fun right?

Anyways, OP, normally, I'd say HELLZ NO! But the truth of the matter is, there are transsexuals that are indeed attractive. In fact, I've seen some, that if i didn't know that they were transsexuals, I'd have really thought that they were female...

Even if I am 100% a guy and have no gay tendencies, I'd consider dating a transsexual as long as he/she is honest enough to actually come out and say that he/she is a transsexual. I'd have no problem with that...but if I end up dating a transsexual and didn't know that he was a transsexual and then i find out...well...all hell will break loose and he will be at the receiving end of my fists of fury.

Notice how I call a transsexual who is honest a he/she? well coz he is a she and is not ashamed of it and that demands respect from me and hence, i can consider a former he a she..

But someone who tries to deceive people doesn't deserve any respect and will always be a he deserving of any harsh treatment directed towards him.

Most of the times that they use child birth as a crutch is because they want a natural person of born of the sex rather than someone who changed their sex based on gender association. They don't want to even think about the option. It will take some years for conservative society to get used to this. Thanks to science, people who identify with the gender role of the opposite sex can change (pending they take drugs to regulate their hormones as well) and it scares a lot of people who understand what they are going through. As a society we have to give it time because people have to accept that at least there is a difference between gender and sex.

Kane1389 said:

In real life, the repulsiveness of transsexuality is a quite real and popular thing. Of course, spending  a lot of time in the echochambers and hug boxes online where opposite points of view are silenced and banned will lead one to believe that his/hers opinion is the only valid one. Thats why those people get shocked when they find out there are other opinions out there and that theirs isnt always the right one.

Yeah, and in the 18th century, the "repulsiveness of blacks" was quite a real and popular thing. In WW2 Germany, the "repulsiveness of Jewswas quite a real and popular thing. In post-9/11 America, the "repulsiveness of Muslimswas quite a real and popular thing. I'm not saying it's not real, or popular, or part of real life; I'm saying it's gross, intolerant, and unethical.

Naw, I Wouldn't date a Transsexual. I don't find it gross or unethical (I'm totally on the side of the LGBT Movement), I just don't find it personally appealing.

I don't hate dudes, but I wouldn't date a man. Same basic thing.

If it was an MtF trans...I still wouldn't date, because to my mind, you are what you were born with. you can FEEL otherwise all you want, and I'll respect that decision/revelation, but I still wouldn't date. One of the greatest things about a female, in my mind, is the vagina, and it's gotta be real to do all the things I want to do with it.

So yeah. Totally respect those who's Physical and mental/emotional gender do not match, and I admire those willing to make the change, but that doesn't change the fact that I would not find it a pleasant relationship. I just can't do it. I tried being with men before, it doesn't work for me. My body does not allow attraction to males. If they were male, are becoming male, or used to be male, I just can't do it.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

So, Wright, as a periodist I can't ask what's your opinion... Would you date one? Or are you more attracted to actually become a trans? Since you have poison in your profile pic. Let us know.