Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nearly 6 million amiibos sold worldwide

Amiibo sales are...

Really good! 153 86.44%

Decent! 20 11.30%

Pretty bad... 4 2.26%

Total:177
Goodnightmoon said:
Mythmaker1 said:

For what they are, and what they have, that's not a bad figure. But all things considered, it's not much.

Oh you were expecting 25 milions or something?

I expected nothing more than what happened. Which is the problem. Granted, this is the early days, but what do you expect to see over the next year?

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network
Mythmaker1 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I expected nothing more than what happened. Which is the problem. Granted, this is the early days, but what do you expect to see over the next year?

Many more amiibo sold thanks to MP10 heavy support (and new amiibos), New 3ds amiibo support and a possible Nintendo amiibo game. And all Nintendo games this year for WiiU have amiibo support in some way.

Johnw1104 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
That's great. Not sure what the analysts were saying as far as ''disappointing sales''. Silly analysts

I read the Forbes report, they somehow got it in their heads that this would be a Skylanders level of success overnight... It's pretty clear they don't fully understand what purpose the amiibo even serve.

That Forbes report was drivel.  People just give it more respect because it's a financial magazine.  In reality it was a blogger using his position to advance his opinion on why the WiiU and in particuar the WiiU gamepad sucks.  It might as well have been a thread here on VGC...except a thread here on VGC would have had more factual basis and numbers support.

chapset said:
Very good, it's crazy how much nintendiens love to buy peripherals

and this is just with 1/3 of SSB series (and some that are super rare!)

Well done Nintendo. I’m hoping amiibo compatibility will carry over to the next consoles as well.

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
That's great. Not sure what the analysts were saying as far as ''disappointing sales''. Silly analysts

I read the Forbes report, they somehow got it in their heads that this would be a Skylanders level of success overnight... It's pretty clear they don't fully understand what purpose the amiibo even serve.

Skylanders also has a built franchise over the course of years.  The game is also across what? 4-5 different platforms?  Amiibo has been out just over a month. 

It's really a folly comparison that doesnt make sense at the end of the day.

Now a year down the line from now, I think it might be 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Mythmaker1 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

With 5.7mil and if nothing else gets announced by years end? No less than 15mil Sold WW

tbone51 said:
Mythmaker1 said:

For what they are, and what they have, that's not a bad figure. But all things considered, it's not much.

It is alot when you consider...

1. These account for 18 out of the 48 (or maybe 49-50) SSB amiibos released

2. Still has the Super Mario Line to come out, and possibly more

3. Has no Amiibo Game (like Disney Infinity/Skylanders) out at all and are only used for mostly collection purposes.

I consider that really good actually, imagine a hub world for amiibos only. :0

More a matter of perspective, really. I don't see the points you mentioned driving sales that much.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

When is the second run on Marth happening?

Mythmaker1 said:
tbone51 said:

It is alot when you consider...

1. These account for 18 out of the 48 (or maybe 49-50) SSB amiibos released

2. Still has the Super Mario Line to come out, and possibly more

3. Has no Amiibo Game (like Disney Infinity/Skylanders) out at all and are only used for mostly collection purposes.

I consider that really good actually, imagine a hub world for amiibos only. :0

More a matter of perspective, really. I don't see the points you mentioned driving sales that much.

Are you kidding me?  You don't think a quality game developed by Nintendo focusing on utilizing the Amiibo figurines would push sales of the toys?  I honestly don't know your posting history...but this seems pretty backward.  I own two: Samus and Link.  I don't really feel compelled to purchase more...but if a game came along that featured an ever expanding universe based on the toys you owned, you better believe I'd own more.  I want a reason to justify the their purchase...I want to give Nintendo money...but it just has to seem worth it...beyond the concept of toy collecting.

Regarding points 1 and 2...sure...I don't see those having much impact beyond the current fascination and existing attach rate with them.