By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nearly 6 million amiibos sold worldwide

Amiibo sales are...

Really good! 153 86.44%

Decent! 20 11.30%

Pretty bad... 4 2.26%

Total:177
Mystro-Sama said:

Would probably be 8m by now if they stocked the damn thing properly.

Yep, supposedly out today in Aus yet not a single one in stock anywhere. I don't have time to be chasing these things down as it seems that first run is only run. Not knowing when they'll actually be in stock means im most likely going to miss them when they finally do arrive. At the point where I can't be bothered to be honest.

Around the Network

There's got to be an "major" Amiibo title for 2015 IMO.

Either a Skylanders type of hub game (maybe a different genre) or really deep functionality with one of their 2015 titles, but there's gotta be something in my opinion.

Not just side stuff like Mario Party 10 has, something that uses the more majority of Amiibo toys.

Otherwise sales of the Amiibo line will fall off as 2015 goes on, they need to keep these sales going. 

I mentioned it in another thread, but I think Splatoon could work. Scan in your Falcon, Pitt, Marth, DK, Diddy, Pikachu, etc. amiibo and voila ... they instantly become playable squid characters. 

Soundwave said:

Either a Skylanders type of hub game (maybe a different genre) or really deep functionality with one of their 2015 titles, but there's gotta be something in my opinion.

Not just side stuff like Mario Party 10 has, something that uses the more majority of Amiibo toys.

Otherwise sales of the Amiibo line will fall off as 2015 goes on, they need to keep these sales going. 

I mentioned it in another thread, but I think Splatoon could work. Scan in your Falcon, Pitt, Marth, DK, Diddy, Pikachu, etc. amiibo and voila ... they instantly become playable squid characters. 

No, not playable characters, toooo much work. Clothes and weapons yes. (like MK8 mii costumes). That i can see.  Ex: Scan Captain Falcon, get the helmet (the hat).  Scan Fox get a paintball gun tht looks like a gun from star fox...

Also sales wont drop anytime soon. 18 amiibos were released, 4-5 are rare as hell, 2 barely even are accounted for i think in the report. Then there are only 1/3rd  of the Smash line out in stores. With Super Mario line releasing soon. 15mil will be shipped by years end imo without an amiibo game.

Of course i hope there is an amiibo game!

i'd estimate that the true unique person ownership would be hovering somewhere around 2.3-2.7m due to the amount of people that bought more than one, n impressive start but far short of re-releasing characters in special editions and trawling the chatacter-gutter for new ideas, i dont really see it sustaining in the longterm.

Tachikoma said:
i'd estimate that the true unique person ownership would be hovering somewhere around 2.3-2.7m due to the amount of people that bought more than one, n impressive start but far short of re-releasing characters in special editions and trawling the chatacter-gutter for new ideas, i dont really see it sustaining in the longterm.

depends on wat you mean by longterms :)

This year it'll keep on selling, not even 30% of the amiibos that are currently known to be released are out yet. (18 out of 48 or possibly 49-54 frm SSB) and there is Super Mario Line with 5 amiibos announced so far.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Soundwave said:

No, not playable characters, toooo much work. Clothes and weapons yes. (like MK8 mii costumes). That i can see.  Ex: Scan Captain Falcon, get the helmet (the hat).  Scan Fox get a paintball gun tht looks like a gun from star fox...

Also sales wont drop anytime soon. 18 amiibos were released, 4-5 are rare as hell, 2 barely even are accounted for i think in the report. Then there are only 1/3rd  of the Smash line out in stores. With Super Mario line releasing soon. 15mil will be shipped by years end imo without an amiibo game.

Of course i hope there is an amiibo game!

Maybe they could do something like this for Splatoon -- 

Every 2-3 months, new playable Amiibo characters come online for Splatoon.

So the first wave could be say Mario, Samus, Diddy Kong, Fox, and Luigi, lets just say. 

Second wave could be Villager, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Peach, Link. 

Etc. etc. They could take their time in adding the extra characters. It could also help Splatoon be an ever green selling title with exciting new content being added constantly. 

I could also see things like a Mario battle stage, a Zelda themed stage, etc. being added later on. 

It would also be a nice excuse for Nintendo to reproduce some of these characters too, I think fans would love it and it would allow some of characters that a lot of people didn't get to become available again (screw you scalpers) when ever their "wave" is released for Splatoon. 

Good news for amiibo! : ) I was kinda worried about how they`d do, but looks like they are doing well. I hope they make more cooler amiibo and have cooler uses for them in the future. I really REALLY hope they have Splatoon amiibo. I want inkling amiibo! xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

RealGamingExpert said:

Seems like the amiibos are doing very well for some stupid plastic toys.

Hey man, they`re not stupid! :P I love having amiibo of my fav smash characters~

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

That's great news for Nintendo! Now if only they would try and restock them more often...