By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo on why Pokemon won't be coming to home console

curl-6 said:

I don't think most consumers are as demanding as you are. ;)

I don't think they are as agressive, but they definitely are as demanding.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

Why? You dont have to buy them :-/ (sounds selfish i mean)

Also im thinking that pokemon line will be the amiibo Cards. It makes too much sense.

I don't want a Pokemon game where I need a $13 toy to access anything in the game.

Ok its not going to be mandatory for you to purchase them. There are people that would love a Blastoise amiibo/etc. Why not give it to them? As long as they dont change the way the game is, everything added extra is icing to the cake and you have a nice figurine.

Again it sounds selfish^ Your not forced to buy them, there is no problem whatsoever here -_-

tbone51 said:

Ok its not going to be mandatory for you to purchase them. There are people that would love a Blastoise amiibo/etc. Why not give it to them? As long as they dont change the way the game is, everything added extra is icing to the cake and you have a nice figurine.

Again it sounds selfish^ Your not forced to buy them, there is no problem whatsoever here -_-

Because in every Pokemon game, everyone gets the icing. I don't understand how you can think that cutting that out to select people isn't selfish. You're literally defending physical on disc DLC. You're not "forced" to buy that either, unless you want a complete game. Leave those things for another game. Not Pokemon.

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

Because in every Pokemon game, everyone gets the icing. I don't understand how you can think that cutting that out to select people isn't selfish. You're literally defending physical on disc DLC. You're not "forced" to buy that either, unless you want a complete game. Leave those things for another game. Not Pokemon.

I never once said to cut anything out, if its something along the lines of MK8/SSB/Kirby/etc why not? 

As much as you dont like it, it'll happen eventually wheither its the main games or spin offs. Im not saying to keep out major things, maybe along the lines of EV/IV adjustments, hats that are pokemon, etc.

Again im not saying to cut out the post game (ex: Delta Emerald), leave out pokemon so they wont be obtainable, etc. Just something that would be a cool neat feature/etc for the player.

The mii's in MK8 (character costumes) didn't take anything out of the game, unless they do something along the lines of cutting things that belong in the game, your blowing this whole thing out of proportion :-/

People are just asking for a game that builds off of what Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Colosseum set forth. The Wii game felt so bare bones and a step back from its predecessors. But the appeal is kind of lost since the mainline games are 3D now and that was the main appeal of having the console games in the first place

Around the Network
spemanig said:
curl-6 said:

I don't think most consumers are as demanding as you are. ;)

I don't think they are as agressive, but they definitely are as demanding.

Well, you seem very disappointed with the current state of the series, yet consumers still buy it in droves.

They're going to have to take the Pokémon franchise to the next level if they want to give Level-5 and the Yokai Watch franchise a run for their money. They can't play it safe anymore.

I don't get it. Fighting games have gatherings like the pokemon world all the time and those games are on consoles. It wouldn't be much different with Pokemon. People would be gathering and growing their pokemon at home and trading and competing onlline. If anything having a console version would help grow the brand.

tbone51 said:

I never once said to cut anything out, if its something along the lines of MK8/SSB/Kirby/etc why not? 

As much as you dont like it, it'll happen eventually wheither its the main games or spin offs. Im not saying to keep out major things, maybe along the lines of EV/IV adjustments, hats that are pokemon, etc.

Again im not saying to cut out the post game (ex: Delta Emerald), leave out pokemon so they wont be obtainable, etc. Just something that would be a cool neat feature/etc for the player.

The mii's in MK8 (character costumes) didn't take anything out of the game, unless they do something along the lines of cutting things that belong in the game, your blowing this whole thing out of proportion :-/

Because I think those are cutting things out. I don't care how insignificant those things are to you. They aren't to me, and I think it's a shame that I need to buy a toy I don't want, just to dress up a Mii in Mario Kart. It doesn't bother you, because you like them. I don't, so it bothers me.

There was a Pangoro hat in XY. I never wanted it, but I bought it anyway because I wanted to collect all of the cloths in the game. If they made the sequel, any I found out that I needed the "Pangoro Amiibo" just to unlock a simple hat, I'd be pissed.

I don't care how small you think these things are. The fact is, you have to pay $13 for a completely unrelated physical item you may or may not want, just to have access to it. If it's like in Captain Toad, where all it amounts to is a secret 8-bit Toad to find in the game, I'll be fine with it. Anymore than that is frankly unacceptable to me. Not everyone wants those stupid figures, but those same people might want the content they unlock.

I think it's gross whenever someone forces you to buy something you don't want in order to get something you want, especially when it would have been completely free otherwise. That's why I'm so against PS+. I don't care that I get "free games" with the subscription. I don't want them. I'm forced to buy a subscription I don't want if I want play games online that would be free to play online otherwise.

Boutros said:

They're going to have to take the Pokémon franchise to the next level if they want to give Level-5 and the Yokai Watch franchise a run for their money. They can't play it safe anymore.

It`s insane how well Yokai Watch is doing. It`s really popular with the kids and many people seem to know the Yokai Watch dance. You make a good point about YW.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread