By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Resistance Franchise Could Make Its Return On The PS4

I just hope it isn't a remake. The 3 console games and the two handheld games just differ too much from each other that it wouldn't work in my opinion. I think this is also the reason why it sold less each installment.

If they create a new game they might as well start with a re-imagining of the game And just make one or two big games that involves more or less the same story but a bit different path that has been followed with gameplay enhancements, big scope multiplayer, Co op aspect with separate story. The setting was already good.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Around the Network

Resistance 2 was by far the highlight of the series. R3 was a very big let down, not even half the game R2 was.

Insomniac need not waste their time on this series. Its dead.

most likely to protect the IP. but i hope sony dont waste their time with it.

foodfather said:
Resistance 2 was by far the highlight of the series. R3 was a very big let down, not even half the game R2 was.

I'd say Resistance 2 had the best mutliplayer in the series while Resistance 3 had the best campaign.

Insomniac just never managed to strike the right balance with Resistance. No game in the series was ever fully polished and there were always numerous niggling flaws that detracted from the experience. It just seems like the team were never sure what direction they wanted to take the franchise. Each game is a testiment to a lack of overall clarity and vision, an abscence of controlled managment capable of looking at the bigger picture and drawing loose ends tightly together. It's as though they aimed their sights too high, development spiralled, and the result was a disjointed package that excelled in some areas, while falling completely flat in others.

foodfather 1 day ago

you must be referring to multi player,im currently playing through r3 single player,and its one of the better campaigns ive played in a while,just a ton of fun,i dont think theres a chapter i hate(currently on 20)......r2 campaign was a massive pile of mediocrity imo