By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Resistance Franchise Could Make Its Return On The PS4

Wright said:
mjk45 said:
Wright said:

Yes, but they have to bear in mind that Resistance 1 was a launch game (and there wasn't much else to play at that time) and Resistance 2 was awful. All things considered, 1,50 million units is awesome; far more than most developers would call "poor".

Resistance 2 sp was ok ,wouldn't call it awful  but  the MP co-op was great.

I don't play Multiplayer so I can't really judge. Singleplayer, however, it was awful in every front, bastardizing the whole game and its mechanics for a more streamlined, typical 7th gen shooter.

The story wasn't bad, but also the huge cliffhanger at the end felt like a middle finger to the player. They completely redeemed themselves in my eyes with Resistance 3, though.

They should never have got rid of the radial selection , also I agree with the ending , I'm like you and don't do a lot of MP , but the great thing was , it's co-op in an mp setting that had rpg overtones in relation to the different classes and the way you upgraded them.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

It may come Q4 this year but I hope it isn't the game Bend is working on..

Wright said:

Yes, but they have to bear in mind that Resistance 1 was a launch game (and there wasn't much else to play at that time) and Resistance 2 was awful. All things considered, 1,50 million units is awesome; far more than most developers would call "poor".

After the sales of all their post-Resistance games, I don't think Insomniac would call it poor, either.

(I loved Resistance 2.)

badgenome said:

After the sales of all their post-Resistance games, I don't think Insomniac would call it poor, either.

(I loved Resistance 2.)

That's another thing to take consideration into; but perhaps that's precisely what is driven them forward to make a comeback with the franchise, as the article and the trademark might suggest.

(You're awful, too.)

I can get behind that. I enjoyed the main trilogy on the PS3. Resistance 3 was actually really good and made a lot of improvements over the second one.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

I just recently jumped into the Resistance series. I was interested in the offline co-op only.
One was fantastic.
Two at first was disappointing as we couldn't co-op the story mode but the mission stages grew on us and it ended up being our favourite. Only let down was it didn't save the stats of player 2 (maybe theres a patch but I don't use my ps3 online anymore)
Three was so disappointing, we gave up after a few stages.

Hmmm, are we seeing a remastered trilogy, reboot of the franchise, or Resistance 4? I actually hope that the series get a reboot since I would like to see a Resistance 1 with updated controls and Resistance 2 with the weapon wheel.

generic-user-1 said:
yeah, another fps...

I'm not normally into FPS but R3 was completely different.  It had the upgrading with use weapons of Ratchet and Clank along with no 2 weapon limit, no regen health, variations in mood and pacing far more than any shooter a man has played recently, and zany weapons with great enemy variety.  It is my favorite FPS ever overtaking HL2 and that took a lot.  It took all that crap that Halo introduced with regen health and 2 weapon limits and threw it out while keeping modern gameplay and a great story.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

PwerlvlAmy said:
After playing the entire series thus far. I have to say, i dont want to see it return

For once I agree with you. I think the developers could spend their time better creating a new, fresh and better IP.

Funny enough, the third one was my favorite...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.