By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Resistance Franchise Could Make Its Return On The PS4

I'd like to see Sledgehammer games take on the franchise.

Around the Network
Wright said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
Wright said:

"Poor sales" of Resistance 3?

Compared to the first two probably.

Yes, but they have to bear in mind that Resistance 1 was a launch game (and there wasn't much else to play at that time) and Resistance 2 was awful. All things considered, 1,50 million units is awesome; far more than most developers would call "poor".

I agree, but some developers have outrageous expectations as well.

I never got to play Resistance but WW1/2 alternate history with aliens, emergency sirens blaring in the soundtrack, and that sweet art style developed by Insomniac Games?

That's like a dream come true for me! Sucks it didn't do too well...

No please. Just let the franchise rest in peace.

Wright said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
Wright said:

"Poor sales" of Resistance 3?

Compared to the first two probably.

Yes, but they have to bear in mind that Resistance 1 was a launch game (and there wasn't much else to play at that time) and Resistance 2 was awful. All things considered, 1,50 million units is awesome; far more than most developers would call "poor".

Resistance 2 sp was ok ,wouldn't call it awful  but  the MP co-op was great.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Resistance was trademarked. SO SONY COULD BE RELEASING PS6!

Yeah they're just protecting their trademarks. Means absolutely nothing beyond that.

mjk45 said:
Wright said:

Resistance 2 sp was ok ,wouldn't call it awful  but  the MP co-op was great.

I don't play Multiplayer so I can't really judge. Singleplayer, however, it was awful in every front, bastardizing the whole game and its mechanics for a more streamlined, typical 7th gen shooter.

The story wasn't bad, but also the huge cliffhanger at the end felt like a middle finger to the player. They completely redeemed themselves in my eyes with Resistance 3, though.

I love Resistance. Actually its one of my favorite PS franchises and one of the better FPS stories imo. Would love to see another one

best scenario would be they making a sequel to Resistance 3 and including Burning Skies for free with the first 100k copies or something. I would like to see a new Resistance anyways.

Plus, Sony could very well make a contract with Insomniac to develop this new game. It's not impossible!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I wouldn't mind a new resistance, but i'd rather something new. As much as i loved Resistance 2 (well, the co-op anyway), I've never been able to grow hugely attached the rest of the series.

Resistance 2 remaster please (Not really. Okay, maybe).