By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon a system seller? End of the Year conclusion JAPAN-Hell Yes!!! NA-Slightly EU-some countries barely

What's the Lifetime sales?

4 million 9 23.08%

5 million 12 30.77%

5.5 million 2 5.13%

6 million 7 17.95%

6.5 million 0 0%

7+ million 9 23.08%

Total:39

If marketed properly it could muster a decent boost.

Around the Network

Can I be honest? I think Splatoon appeals to no one. It is like Garden Warfare: just a very bad idea.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

uran10 said:
Splatoon will be a system seller, I expect a major boost, it wont be in the same vein as MK8 unless it has a bundle but it should be pretty significant. There are 3 games that will provide major boosts to the Wii U this year. Zelda, Splatoon and Xenoblade. They all shoot for different demographics and should do well to pull them in. I think a lot of people are underestimating what these 3 games can do.

I agree 100 percent I was completely wrong last holiday because I thought a price drop was coming after their good 3rd Quarter. But these games releasing are giving good vibes instead of false hopes. I mean if you seen his reaction you would think this game will sale some consoles.

WagnerPaiva said:
Can I be honest? I think Splatoon appeals to no one. It is like Garden Warfare: just a very bad idea.

If you saw dudes reaction you would slightly change your opinion.

Any game can boost sales. I have a hard time believing it will have the same effect as MK8, but I GUESS anything can happen.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Sure. Splatoon 2 will defiantly sell the next Nintendo home console.

It's kind of head scratching that people are still asking if anything can sell the Wii U. It's like asking if x thing will sell boxed cancer. Nothing will ever sell boxed cancer.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

WagnerPaiva said:

I agree with this. It's only appealing to a very niche group as is and the only people that know about the game are the Nintendo fans that watch directs. I have a feeling this game game will go down a lot like The Wonderful 101 did.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

i dont see it as a system seller,more so just a complimentary title

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

If Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze couldn't sell the console, what makes you think a C tier franchise can

no i expect it to have a small week 1 sales but will sell well in long term

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m