GameCube 102 23.23%

Wii U 121 27.56%

Dreamcast 66 15.03%

CD-i (lol) 6 1.37%

Vita 41 9.34%

XBOX 17 3.87%

Vita 28 6.38%

Total:439

Vita. No one cares about it in the west.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network

I am surprised that the N64 is getting so little love in the poll. Maybe there are a bunch of young gamers here? Just look at the lineup. It can't be topped by anything else in the list.

1. Super Mario 64 - Set the gold standard for how 3D gaming should be done.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Set the gold standard for 3D action-adventure.
3. GoldenEye 007 - Set the gold standard for how FPS should be done on consoles.

Three all-time classics right there. Then comes the icing on the cake.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Smash Bros
Diddy Kong Racing
Perfect Dark
Mario Kart 64

Throw in the Banjo games, Donkey Kong, 1080, Star Fox, and a bunch of others. Just unbelievable genre defining quality all over the lineup.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
I am surprised that the N64 is getting so little love in the poll. Maybe there are a bunch of young gamers here? Just look at the lineup. It can't be topped by anything else in the list.

1. Super Mario 64 - Set the gold standard for how 3D gaming should be done.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Set the gold standard for 3D action-adventure.
3. GoldenEye 007 - Set the gold standard for how FPS should be done on consoles.

Three all-time classics right there. Then comes the icing on the cake.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Smash Bros
Diddy Kong Racing
Perfect Dark
Mario Kart 64

Throw in the Banjo games, Donkey Kong, 1080, Star Fox, and a bunch of others. Just unbelievable genre defining quality all over the lineup.

I think it might be because some voters, such as myself, don't feel it should be on this list... Most people experienced it while it was out and I've not met anyone that denies it had its gems. Never seemed like an "underrated system" to me.

This is an impossible list anyway, as I've experienced and enjoyed all of these short of the CD-i and vita (of those I experienced the only one I didn't own was the sega master system) and they're all fun and underrated. Enough people here defend the Vita to convince me that it's a solid handheld (the screen is certainly gorgeous) so... Maybe only the CD-i wasn't underrated? Never played it so I wouldn't know.

At this point it has to be the Wii U. Gamecube and Dreamcast finish the top 3.

Sega Master System, was by far was better than the original NES. It was a shame it never caught on. It even had a built in maze game (you were a snail) in the hardware.

Around the Network

If it's a measure of quality/innovations compared to sales then I think the dreamcast has to top the list, but it's been gushed about so consistently over the last decade and a half that I don't believe popular opinion underestimates it anymore.

I agree with the GameCube/Wii U but I'm surprised the original Xbox isn't getting more attention... Innovative (if expensive) with great games but didn't sell much and is hardly talked about anymore.

plip.plop said:
Sega Master System, was by far was better than the original NES. It was a shame it never caught on. It even had a built in maze game (you were a snail) in the hardware.

The hardware was slightly better but the library didn't really compare.

Slarvax said:
Zisbest said:

Going by your list I'd say:

1. N64
2. Wii U
3. Gamecube
4. Dreamcast

(Can't really judge the others since I don't own them nor did I play with them.)

Wooooah! Everything > Dreamcast!? Didn't expect that from you.

OT: Wish I could own(ed) all those consoles. Only have a Wii U from that list. So I'll go by my most wanted one: GameCube! Just for the fact it had Melee, but it also had Mario Kart DD, Metroid Prime 1+2, Eternal Darkness, Pikmin 1+2, Wind Waker, and RE4. I wanna get all those games.

Nintendo fanboy and hypocrite first, Slarvax. Anyways, N64 and Gamecube are host to some of the best Zelda games in my opinion, Wii U offers Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. whom I've had a ton of fun with. The Dreamcast also's got a nice collection, especially when it comes to racing, fighting and space shooters. (not to mention *cough* the game that no one remembers )

Let me put it this way, it's a very close call. Each console is only millimeters ahead of the next one.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Vita.

It has a hell of an awesome library, can play all past ps1 (possibly ps2 games) , plays all PS4 games via remote play also introduced the world to cross buy and has the sexiest screen in a handheld console ever...........

There's no such thing as a underrated Nintendo console other then the Wii U and years after it's life cycle is over it will become a classic and very popular among people, that's how all their consoles since the N64 have worked out. The Dreamcast was a failure back in the day and highly underrated for its time but now is a very popular console so you can throw that one out as well. So at this current time I'd give the edge to the Wii U and the Vita, both have low sales and deserve more as both have great gems. Maybe even the original Xbox as it had quite a few nice gems.