By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Considering Getting a PS Vita

Do you think I should get a PS Vita?

Yes 112 59.26%

No 48 25.40%

Maybe 16 8.47%

See Results 13 6.88%

Total:189

Sure, especially because you don't own any other PlayStation. This way you'll have access to tons of new games.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Sure, especially because you don't own any other PlayStation. This way you'll have access to tons of new games.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
LipeJJ said:

Thanks for the recommendation.

You're welcome. :)

Plus, if you like platformers be sure to check out some Tearaway videos. It's a pretty unique game.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Captain_Tom said:

I have had a Vita since launch and I can honestly say that I have easily gotten my money's worth out of it.  However I can't really reccomend a handheld console in this day and age.  It is 2015 and smartphones play just as many great games as handhelds, and not only that but they can remote play now too.

If you really want to play Playstation games, get a PS4.

I'm not interested in the PS4 either. I already have a game console of my choice (Wii U). Also, it's way too expensive to me at the moment.

Then save up.  There is no reason you can't have both considering how different they are.  Of course you could just get a VitaTV for $100.

Mr.GameCrazy said:

I never owned a PlayStation system before and I'm currently thinking of getting a PS Vita as my first Playstation system (even though I have a Wii U and 3DS). There are some games I would like to try out on it like Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Sly Cooper, and Persona. I also want to download some PSP games into the Vita as well. I was wondering if you guys think I should get it. 

There are plenty of good games to play on Vita that you cant get on 3ds. Worth a shot.

Around the Network

Just to hijack the thread a bit, how's the Jak Collection? I understand that the port has framerate issues, how bad are they? I can tolerate jittering here and there, or is the game more akin to a slideshow?

I'm quite happy with the port quality of the Sly Collection, is Jak comparable to that?

SamuelRSmith said:
Just to hijack the thread a bit, how's the Jak Collection? I understand that the port has framerate issues, how bad are they? I can tolerate jittering here and there, or is the game more akin to a slideshow?

I'm quite happy with the port quality of the Sly Collection, is Jak comparable to that?

No. I heard that the port quality of Jak and Daxter Collection is worse than Sly Collection.

Ninsect said:
Mike_L said:

Lots of great games on this pic.

Who made this pic??

Don't know. I think it's old but I really like all the TOP 5s. It was also the reason why I discovered Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth which looks great.

Sentient_Nebula said:

The Vita's library is nowhere near the size of the 3DS. But I believe the Vita's library has more variety and quality.

Actually, I don't think they're that far off each other in terms of size, it's just that the Vita gets much bigger Digital Only titles. Particularly in the West.

Wiki has 602 3DS titles as of November 2014 to 924 Vita titles as of January 2015. Probably work out roughly similar in size in terms of Western releases.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Captain_Tom said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

I'm not interested in the PS4 either. I already have a game console of my choice (Wii U). Also, it's way too expensive to me at the moment.

Then save up.  There is no reason you can't have both considering how different they are.  Of course you could just get a VitaTV for $100.

I would get a PS TV, but there are certain games that I won't be able to play like I would with the PS Vita.