By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Features from Xenoblade on Wii you'd want to see spread into Final Fantasy

Would you support cross-pollination of ideas and reputation?

Sounds Good 31 20.67%

Keep your FF out of my Xeno 65 43.33%

Keep your Xeno out of my FF 27 18.00%

No, they should branch ou... 25 16.67%

Total:148
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

You can split the 2 though. That is why they add the j in front of rpg. Like Srpg for example though thats more of a category of rpg.

That said both were top for each of its category (mass effect rpg and xc jrpg)

JRPG's only differentiation is that it is from Japan.

And the style, direction, mechanics, system, and art...

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

You can split the 2 though. That is why they add the j in front of rpg. Like Srpg for example though thats more of a category of rpg.

Yeap, and Its number 1 for jrpgs. Its also #1 exclusive rpg overall too. So many record breaking things!!!!

Lawlight said:
bigtakilla said:
Lawlight said:
bigtakilla said:
Lawlight said:

Even if you count them, they're still extension of FFXIII. Same characters, same gameplay, same items, etc.

And sure, FFXIV was released twice but, the second time it was released, it became one of the best MMO out there.

And Xenoblade Chronicles became the best jrpg of last gen the first time.

Says who?

Everyone, it's among the highest rated jrpgs ever. Who says XIV is one of the best MMOs? 

I like how you different jrpg from rpg because the best rpg of last gen is Mass Effect 2 if we go by ratings.

They're different types of RPGs. If you want to go by that logic, Metroid Prime is a better First Person Shooter than Halo: Combat Evolved is

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

fatslob-:O said:
bigtakilla said:

Yep, the combat is nothing like XII

bigtakilla said:

Yes, but we aren't talking about the combat if you read the other comment I was responding to. And no, the combat is absolutely nothing like XII. 

Also Xenoblade's combat is just as close to those games as it is XII's.

Dat contradiction ...

Both pertain to the response at hand.  If you didn't delete the post I was responding to it would make perfect sense. Being "just as close" means not close at all. 

It's like saying Metroid is just as close to a JRPG as Super Mario Bros is. 

Clyde32 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

What is a JRPG mechanic and system? Art, style and direction don't make a genre - also curious what they are for JRPG.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Clyde32 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

What is a JRPG mechanic and system? Art, style and direction don't make a genre - also curious what they are for JRPG.

You can always tell a JRPG from it's mechanics and art. Or at least 95% of the time.

Lawlight said:
Clyde32 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

JRPG= anime style 

WRPG= everything else and u can include some anime stylish rpgs here and there lol 

I guess...

nevertheless i found very funny that uninentionally that guy is admiting than ME2 is a better game than Xenoblade, based on his own standards of quality.

Conegamer said:
Well both are great series' and both could teach the other series a few things. Xenoblade could teach FF about the voice acting, the sense of scale, some story pointers and combat tips, whilst FF could teach Xenoblade how to have a useful in-game currency, better towns/NPC's and also a coherent feel to the game.

Saying "one should have this" or "one should have that" is fine, but both games can improve and be even more awesome than they already are if they do this.

Just wondering, but how exactly was Xenoblade's in-game currency less useful than it was in the FF series?  I have played 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 and I find that the currency usefulness in those games were not very high, honestly.  Then again, that also probably has more to do with how I played the FF games... but the thing about those FF games is that it felt like a waste to buy equipment due to the fact that just a simple search in the current dungeons or wherever you might find a treasure would result in finding an equipment that is equal to or better than what you find in the stores.

As for potions, if you are good enough at the game, you would likely rarely have to use any potions and just rely on using the inn to recover.  

I just cant wait for either game to come out.

Latest footage from Final Fantasy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkEQwevVe04

Faust said:

JRPG= anime style 

WRPG= everything else and u can include some anime stylish rpgs here and there lol 

I guess...

nevertheless i found very funny that uninentionally that guy is admiting than ME2 is a better game than Xenoblade, based on his own standards of quality.

If you're talking about me, I haven't played ME2, so I can't judge. I stopped the series after the first one.