By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Features from Xenoblade on Wii you'd want to see spread into Final Fantasy

Would you support cross-pollination of ideas and reputation?

Sounds Good 31 20.67%

Keep your FF out of my Xeno 65 43.33%

Keep your Xeno out of my FF 27 18.00%

No, they should branch ou... 25 16.67%

Total:148
Faust said:
Lawlight said:
Clyde32 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

You can split the 2 though. That is why they add the j in front of rpg. Like Srpg for example though thats more of a category of rpg.

That said both were top for each of its category (mass effect rpg and xc jrpg)

JRPG's only differentiation is that it is from Japan.

And the style, direction, mechanics, system, and art...

What is a JRPG mechanic and system? Art, style and direction don't make a genre - also curious what they are for JRPG.

JRPG= anime style 

WRPG= everything else and u can include some anime stylish rpgs here and there lol 

I guess...

nevertheless i found very funny that uninentionally that guy is admiting than ME2 is a better game than Xenoblade, based on his own standards of quality.

So where do games like Demon's Souls or Dragon Dogma fall under?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

0.o'

No man, a JRPG can be developed by a western studio as animes can be made outside Japan. It doesn't tell you the region the game was developed.

Lawlight said:
Faust said:

JRPG= anime style 

WRPG= everything else and u can include some anime stylish rpgs here and there lol 

I guess...

nevertheless i found very funny that uninentionally that guy is admiting than ME2 is a better game than Xenoblade, based on his own standards of quality.

So where do games like Demon's Souls or Dragon Dogma fall under?

WRPG.

Faust said:
Lawlight said:
Clyde32 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

You can split the 2 though. That is why they add the j in front of rpg. Like Srpg for example though thats more of a category of rpg.

That said both were top for each of its category (mass effect rpg and xc jrpg)

And the style, direction, mechanics, system, and art...

What is a JRPG mechanic and system? Art, style and direction don't make a genre - also curious what they are for JRPG.

JRPG= anime style 

I guess...

Different genre of games can't be compared with the same rating. If so we are proclaming OOT is the greatest game ever (which it is for the adventure genre, but does not cross over to the greatest JRPG ever). 

And even by your logic, Xenoblade is still one of the highest rated JRPG's ever. Nothing can take that away from the game.

That said, how is XIV one of the greatest MMOs? It's not. Not by a long shot in sales, and not by a long shot in ratings. 

I don't want FF to have those Xeno character models. So No.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

Because that's all that matters in a game?

bigtakilla said:

Different genre of games can't be compared with the same rating. If so we are proclaming OOT is the greatest game ever (which it is for the adventure genre, but does not cross over to the greatest JRPG ever). 

And even by your logic, Xenoblade is still one of the highest rated JRPG's ever. Nothing can take that away from the game.

That said, how is XIV one of the greatest MMOs? It's not. Not by a long shot in sales, and not by a long shot in ratings. 

Dude, what kind of substance are you smoking? 

It won MMO of the year on multiple review sites, and on the biggest MMO site http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/12/19/massivelys-best-of-2013-awards/,

it is SE most successful FF to date financially, and with over 2.5mil active characters.

Meta scores: PS4 86, PC 83, PS3 76.

Samus Aran said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Because that's all that matters in a game?

That is FF style. Xeno has their unique style, and it works for them. Keep it like that.

deskpro2k3 said:
bigtakilla said:

Dude, what kind of substance are you smoking? 

It won MMO of the year on multiple review sites, and on the biggest MMO site http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/12/19/massivelys-best-of-2013-awards/,

it is SE most successful FF to date financially.

Meta scores: PS4 86, PC 83, PS3 76.

That's great, still pales in comparison to being one of the greatest jrpgs of all time. 

fatslob-:O said:

The combat in Xenoblade straight up reminded me of FF XII. Had realtime movement in combat but didn't have the action based combat like a true or pseudo ARPG would such as Kingdom Hearts ...

Which is pretty much every single MMORPG before FFXII was released. Xenoblade's combat system is a typical party based MMORPG's system. FFXII is also based on a typical party based MMORPG system. That is the end of their similarities.