By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2 new Brawl Reviews, you seen em?

I hate these BS scores.

Anything gets a high score now.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

Please. Just because Brawl has been hyped to oblivion does not mean the game does not completely rock.

I would like you to point out recent games that should score higher than Brawl, out of curiosity.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I can't believe I'm at school for 80 more fucking minutes. I unlocked Sonic last night and haven't even played as him yet. Man I hate the crappy vocal tracks from his crappy games. Good thing they got some ill remixes from the oldschool games. Brawl Brawl Brawl Brawl Brawl Brawl Brawl I love Brawl Brawl Brawl Brawl so much I love it I love it I love it. Oh man I wish they made Brawl cereal, with marshmallows of all the characters. It could taste like every cereal mixed together, and it would be part of a balanced breakfast. This game has made me insane. BenKenobi's right. I gotta be careful around trolls now. My psyche is too fragile right now. I could pop and eat a Brawl-hater through the internet at any moment now.

9s and 10s, sounds about right. Should be 9s and 11s though, to even it out.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
darklich13 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
darklich13 said:
Kinda overrated IMO.
Kinda underrated IMO.

Ugh, Wii fanboys are the worst. Just don't see why this game is so great. Its Melee with more charactors and a shoddy single player tacked on. No voice chat and no leaderboards. I think Zelda and SMBG are deserving but not this.

Correction: It's just Melee with more characters, better balance, more stages, better stages, a stage editor for infinite stages, stage sharing, final smashes that completely change the game and make it more chaotic, picture sharing, 16 hours of music by 36 of the world's greatest game composers, all remixed and rearranged from Nintendo's vaults of ultimate jams, and the longest most in-depth multiple-path-having adventure mode of any fighter ever made, and it has co-op adventure, co-op targets, co-op events, and you can save videos of all of these and share them.

Brawl added more to fighters than Zelda did to adventure/puzzlers. It should definitely beat Zelda, but it should tie Galaxy. Brawl is doing to fighters what Galaxy is doing to platformers: that is, raising the bar out of the galaxy.

Well said  

Need people to play online with me for Brawl.
4382-1731-1511.

Name is DROAK.  

BenKenobi88 said:

I would like you to point out recent games that should score higher than Brawl, out of curiosity.

There isn't really a game that I think should outscore Brawl. There are games I like better, but that a different story.

98% is too high for any recent game.

Brawl has way to many flaws and areas that can be improved to justify a score that high. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

Whoever rates this below 9 deserves to die

Proud owner of a Wii, a Xbox360 and a PS3 (...two PS3's...)

My main brawl characters

Now playing:

wii:Super smash bros. brawl, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
ps3: Guitar hero 3,4,5. Rock Band 1,2. Resistance 2
Xbox360:Nhl2k9, Mass Effect, MW2, Halo 3.

ign gave it a 9.5

PSN ID: Sol_Protege     Wii:154209933064989 

BenKenobi88 said:
Please don't feed the troll. This is a bad time for anti-Brawl people, let's try to make this easy for them.  Niiice and sloow.

I am not anti-Brawl and I'm looking foward to this game more than any other game this quarter.  For me, this game should not get higher reviews than Zelda OOT.  Yes, they have added a lot into this game and made it way better than before, but I don't think it deserves to be rated the best game ever.  Especially when the single player experience is so lacking.  Look at what OOT brought to the table over its predecessor.  Mabey I'm just old school I guess.  

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Explain how the single player is "so lacking" for a fighting game darklich13.

In fact, show me a better single player experience in a fighting game.

darklich13 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
darklich13 said:
Kinda overrated IMO.
Kinda underrated IMO.

Ugh, Wii fanboys are the worst. Just don't see why this game is so great. Its Melee with more charactors and a shoddy single player tacked on. No voice chat and no leaderboards. I think Zelda and SMBG are deserving but not this.

Why do you have a problem with my opinion. It's people like you that get me in trouble for flaming.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.