By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Even if xbox loses every exclusive...

even if xbox loses every exclusive,..  it's not a big deal.

playstation has been moving in this same direction for years now leveraging the assets they have.  cross buy and (sometimes) cross play between ps3, ps4, and vita has been around for a long time now.  remote play and now shareplay as well gives me options to play my games on other devices.  playstation now has outlined eventually support for ps4 games and pc as a platform.   now many will choose to only see the negative, "what's the point of having a vita if i have a ps4?!"  or "next generation hardware is stupid and pointless because so many games are cross gen" or "i could just play everything on PC if i wanted to".   

but there are many positives as well.   as a consumer i have more options of how to play my games.  playing infamous while away from home on a business trip was fucking awesome.  and this is beneficial in other ways too,.. vita is no doubt a sales failure and yet it actually gets great game support.  oh sure, it's the same games as ps4's digital library but it is still games and a massive amount more support than vita really deserves with it's horrible sell-though.

so it should come as no surprise to anyone that ms is taking similar steps leveraging the assets they have,.. windows.  i don't care one bit what the "exclusive" list looks like,.. cross buy is awesome and pro-consumer.  giving developers a way to reach more consumers with lower porting costs means more and better games for everyone.  increasing the overall size of an online community  through cross play means more than just a handfull of CoD titles will have active communities to game with.

expect to see more "losses of exclusivity" in the future as gaming continues to move away from being locked to a hardware and evolves into a service that better supports the various ways you want to play.   this is something to celebrate.

TL:DR version: quit your bitching.

Around the Network

Until they start losing exclusivities and multiplats to PS4.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I dont see any problem with games going to PC as long as they make it clear when the announce the game like they did with Ori and Titanfall. I have Xbox One, PC and PS4 so I am covered but people have a right to know which platforms games are coming to from the start.

As for Fable Legends its a huge + that the game is also coming to PC because with Fable Legends being a multi player based game the more people playing the game means larger commuity of players and better over all life of the game.

I agree.

I support the direction gaming is currently going. Many things people don't like, I do. Common complaints:

1) DLC is bad. I actually like DLC, you just have to be smart about it. If you don't think the extra content is worth the price, don't buy it. Nobody is forcing you. It's great for people who want more from their favorite games.

2) Cross-Gen sucks. I disagree. This is pro consumer and beneficial to everyone. Just like with PC gaming, everyone can play as long as the hardware is strong enough. If you are fine with what you got, don't upgrade. If you want the best graphics and whatnot, get the better hardware.

3) Nothing is exclusive now. So? Just because other people can play your game doesn't mean the game sucks. This is pro consumer & good for business, it's a win win.

It kind of is, in a way. I mean, if Halo goes to PC, I will probably never buy any Xbox. Anyone who is a PC gamer first probably feels the same way. Now, yeah, I imagine Microsoft will have something attached, like a new version of GFWL, but that service got next to nothing out of me.

Around the Network

All this new talk about Windows 10 and XB1/Xbox integration. I think people will be shocked when MS actually starts it. Its MS we are talking about here after all right?

Intrinsic said:
All this new talk about Windows 10 and XB1/Xbox integration. I think people will be shocked when MS actually starts it. Its MS we are talking about here after all right?

Microsoft tries new ideas and new tech and thats why I prefer them. The Hologram Lens looks amazing.

I have no complaints from anything yesterday. Usually the people who makes a big deal about PC+Console are people with an agenda and too involved in console wars.

Its the same people who will praise SF4 or Tomb Raider as an exclusive and then turn around and laugh at the other for being a console exclusive.

pokoko said:
It kind of is, in a way. I mean, if Halo goes to PC, I will probably never buy any Xbox. Anyone who is a PC gamer first probably feels the same way. Now, yeah, I imagine Microsoft will have something attached, like a new version of GFWL, but that service got next to nothing out of me.

and ms really has no reason to care about that.   consoles have always been a lose/lead business model.  lose money on hardware to get a bigger audience the sell highly profitable software.

...if you buy a windows 10 device (which isn't a loss/lead business so money is being made by both ms and the manufaturer of the computer) and buy halo that's a win/win for ms.   xbox won't lose software support even if it sells like shit because (kind of like with vita) the porting costs are almost eliminated so it is hard to justify not going multiplat.

I can understand letting a game that wouldn't sell great go to pc to gain more software sales. Exclusives in general aren't going anywhere and I doubt that MS would give away all of it's exclusives/brand appeal for some more software sales.