By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Even if xbox loses every exclusive...

If that happened, even I wouldn't own an Xbox anymore. I'll always have a souped up PC, the Xbox One would serve no purpose. The PC would always be superior thanks to both the hardware and modding community.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Nem said:

Yeah, it does. But you know, the hardware isnt sold by microsoft. So, its not like we can say the games are still microsoft exclusive.

Well i guess we could say that since Windows is the primary OS for gaming on PC we could say that the biggest part of them "Are" MS exclusive

And also once PSNow launchs on PC does that mean Sony's games that are using that exclusive Sony service are no longer exclusive to Sony just cos its running on hardware thats not made by them??

Ok, i'' make it clearer. Its not a closed platform sold by Microsoft. You can have not only Microsoft licensed games but every other kind of game. It can't be considered a Microsoft platform. The OS is not even required. Steam OS will be coming out aswell. It isnt something that is on MS's bag. Its open.

As far as PSnow, iot requires a subscription. The games will be running on Sony Tech and streamed to your screen. I dont think its the same, but yes, the PC is open and is not limited to one or the other. In truth i think that is the case. When the games are no longer exclusive to a platform they stop beeing exclusives.

The difference is that microsft is doing it with current games and Sony with old ones.

zero129 said:
Nem said:
zero129 said:
Nem said:

Yeah, it does. But you know, the hardware isnt sold by microsoft. So, its not like we can say the games are still microsoft exclusive.

Well i guess we could say that since Windows is the primary OS for gaming on PC we could say that the biggest part of them "Are" MS exclusive

And also once PSNow launchs on PC does that mean Sony's games that are using that exclusive Sony service are no longer exclusive to Sony just cos its running on hardware thats not made by them??

Ok, i'' make it clearer. Its not a closed platform sold by Microsoft. You can have not only Microsoft licensed games but every other kind of game. It can't be considered a Microsoft platform. The OS is not even required. Steam OS will be coming out aswell. It isnt something that is on MS's bag. Its open.

As far as PSnow, iot requires a subscription. The games will be running on Sony Tech and streamed to your screen. I dont think its the same, but yes, the PC is open and is not limited to one or the other. In truth i think that is the case. When the games are no longer exclusive to a platform they stop beeing exclusives.

The difference is that microsft is doing it with current games and Sony with old ones.

But what if the Microsoft Exclusives are only available on MS Windows 10?

Windows is an exclusive MS platform even if the hardware is not its a moot point.

And really? Linux and mac? the amount of PC games thats playable on both them OS's is so tiny compared to windows its also a moot point in a way.

Anyway if you think MS will allow the exclusives to be playable on any other OS then Windows 10 would be fooling yourself unless the games are being streamed to them devices, So Windows 10 = MS Platform + Game exclusive to Windows + X1 makes that game MS exclusive if the dev ever makes a Linux or Mac port then yes that game is no longer Exclusive to an MS platform

Actually, Valve is working to have every game in the Steam library Steam OS (Linux) compatible last I heard.  Microsoft tried to fight Valve in the past and they got their ass handed to them.  If they try again, it will happen again.  

I mean, other than Microsoft's own products (Halo, Gears, Forza, etc), do you really think they would be able to keep any other games exclusive to the fledgling successor to one of the most hated OSs in recent memory?  The answer to that is no.  No company would be dumb enough to so limit their potential on PC.

Protendo said:
If that happened, even I wouldn't own an Xbox anymore. I'll always have a souped up PC, the Xbox One would serve no purpose. The PC would always be superior thanks to both the hardware and modding community.

Large screen TV, confort of living room & surround sound. 

It all depends on if the game are available on Steam. If they are exclusive to xbox live. Then, who cares if you play on a PC or Xbox One, either Microsfot wins. 

Microsoft doesn't really make anyhting of hardware. Beside Xbox one game played on PC will still require a Xbox One remote. 

zero129 said:
Nuvendil said:
zero129 said:

But what if the Microsoft Exclusives are only available on MS Windows 10?

Windows is an exclusive MS platform even if the hardware is not its a moot point.

And really? Linux and mac? the amount of PC games thats playable on both them OS's is so tiny compared to windows its also a moot point in a way.

Anyway if you think MS will allow the exclusives to be playable on any other OS then Windows 10 would be fooling yourself unless the games are being streamed to them devices, So Windows 10 = MS Platform + Game exclusive to Windows + X1 makes that game MS exclusive if the dev ever makes a Linux or Mac port then yes that game is no longer Exclusive to an MS platform

Actually, Valve is working to have every game in the Steam library Steam OS (Linux) compatible last I heard.  Microsoft tried to fight Valve in the past and they got their ass handed to them.  If they try again, it will happen again.  

I mean, other than Microsoft's own products (Halo, Gears, Forza, etc), do you really think they would be able to keep any other games exclusive to the fledgling successor to one of the most hated OSs in recent memory?  The answer to that is no.  No company would be dumb enough to so limit their potential on PC.

So Valve is going to get every dev to port their games even the older ones to Linux??. Dont you know thats like Sony asking every dev to port their old games and games that dont run on PS systems to port them all to the PS4??.

Yes i can understand how valve will try to get lots of the older games working, and how they will try to get devs to make linux ports of all new games. But that doesnt mean they will, and it also doesnt mean MS wont pay for exclusive games to Windows+X1 as both "ARE" MS platforms. You game on windows your gaming on an MS platform unless you install a different OS and then good job getting every game to work .

And MS didnt even try to fight Valve in the past Trust me. If they did they would of had Halo series and their other exclusive games on their GFWL platform Kept the name Xbox Live on the PC, Wouldnt of charged to play online on the PC well using their service and payed 3rd partys to keep their games exclusive only to Xlive on PC and Xbox.

MS didnt support their PC platform service enough in the X360 years and thats why valve and only reason why valve was let gain such a strong foothold.

But this isnt even about MS competting with Valve this is about how it doesnt matter if MS exclusive games go from one MS platfrom to another and how its silly for some users to make such a big deal out of it imo.

And to your last question. In a way this has been asnwered look how many games are exclusive to windows compared to Linux or mac? MS doesnt even need to pay companys for this its just a simple fact that more people (Like pretty much all PC users) game on Windows.

So yes i do think that "most" games will be exclusive to windows only and that all MS exclusive games or 3rd party games that MS publish will be exclusive to windows only as it would be silly for MS to allow them games on any other OS imo without using a streaming service. (One of the ways valve plans on getting every game working on Steam OS funny enough!).

And do you really think Windows 8 being bad will impare windows 10 sales when its a free upgrade for the first year?

Look at windows XP to windows Vista People couldnt stand windows Vista and stuck with XP for gaming, The was also people unsure about windows 7 yet look now windows 7 has took over for gaming as it was a better system. Windows 8 = Windows Vista, Windows 10 = Windows 7 as it seems to be focusing alot on being a great gaming platfrom.

Being exclussive to the Windows platform is entirely pointless on PC.  It has to be exclussive to Microsoft's distribution platform.  If they want to compete in the actual PC gaming space, they need to actually fight against Steam's nearly universal dominance which, I assure you, they won't be able to do at this point.  It's simply too late.  And that's what I was getting at.  Windows is just an OS.  To compete they need a distribution platform.  The potential of SteamOS is just icing.

As for Xbox losing exclussives, yes it does affect the Xbox division specifically because it creates a perception of weakness.  If the Xbox brand is perceived as being weak or lacking, people will be less inclined to trust it. 

Around the Network

I don't see how this is not a problem. I thought everyone knew that many people buy a console for THAT exclusive they love but cannot find anywhere. If THAT exclusive is on PC, the person will probably play it there, as it's far more reasonable than buying another console just for it.

Personally, I would never buy the PS4 on its first year if I could play inFamous: Second Son and Bloodborne on PC.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won