By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Even if xbox loses every exclusive...

SkyHold said:

Every company tries new things though,but most of Microsoft's ideas have not succeeded.What happened to illumni riim? Smartglass? Kinect? The cloud? and All in One? None of those ideas succeeded.Kinect what made by a third party company anyway and MS just bought it,so it was not their idea,eventhough PSEye influenced it.Live of course improved on the idea that Sega already had,but not new and HDMI-In is nothing to give them credit for when i is irrelevant.I mean just naming something because MS did it does not make it great.Seriously.I just want to play good games.Everything else to me besides the controller and hi-tech hardware is irrelevant.The Xbox does not offer that experience to me,no hate,just the facts.

You just proved my point, everything Microsoft is coming out (new ideas) seems to be just irrelevant to "you" because you do not care, so you say Microsoft do not come with new ideas as general fact for everybody :)

First of all you disregard all successes from Microsoft and focus on some of their failures (actually even your list can be easily argued over as Smartglass or Illumiroom are not failure, one is a success and works very well and the other one was just a tech-demo prototype...)... The cloud as you say is a failure? Where did you see that? Did you miss the last results from MS? And what the "cloud" operations managed to bring in? The Xbox brand is a failure? Coming from nowhere to second place in this generation so quickly (and 1st/2nd in the previous one) is a failure to you?

No, those are not facts. Those are just your perceptions of it. And yes, there is a bit of hate when you just disregard so many actual facts to focus on what fits your agenda.

As far as the ideas and your very false perception of Microsoft buying everything out there. First of all, yes they are buying other techs and companies... If you REALLY belive that Sony, Apple and others are not doing the EXACT same thing, you must be living in another world. Then in term of R&D, I invite you to bing (or google) about Microsoft and how much money they spend on that compared to let's say Apple, Google or Sony... Maybe this will actually enlight you on how strong MS is in term or Research and developments (which is basically from where the ideas come). You can also just use youtube, and type Microsoft Research and see the truckload of stuff MS R&D are working or testing every months compared to some other companies. This is EXACTLY why I really like them.

Again, you may dislike the ideas and innovations MS is working on. But coming with this cliche of "MS is buying everything and everything there are doing are failure" is completly wrong.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Vasto said:
Intrinsic said:
All this new talk about Windows 10 and XB1/Xbox integration. I think people will be shocked when MS actually starts it. Its MS we are talking about here after all right?

Microsoft tries new ideas and new tech and thats why I prefer them. The Hologram Lens looks amazing.

We sure we talking abt the same company here? Microsoft tries new ideas and new tech? Please enlighten me.

nice try... MS is one of the biggest company in the world....

MS is year after year in the top 10 most appreciated brand in its category and always placed in the global ranking....

MS has one of the biggest brand equity in the world...

MS is pushing profit like a monster almost every quarter like a walk in the park

and finally MS has a bigger R&D yearly budget bigger than google and apple combined...

but yeah keep dissing one of the biggest, most profitable, most innovative and appreciated company in the world to be just like any wannabe nerds and look cool because some kids with close to zero knowledge in computer tech said so on cool kids websites...

Same goes for skyhold and all the guys who diss MS cause it is cool... Just research and learn before repeating what you read somewhere written by a pseudo journalist looking for clicks with close to zero knowledge in computer science and even less in journalism...

I would argue the opposite is true. Sony has The Last Of Us, Uncharted, Killzone, Infamous, LBP, Bloodborne, God Of War, Quantic Dreams Games, and dozens of other IP's they can draw from at any time. These games will NEVER come to a Microsoft console.

I can assure you these games are making a BIG difference and will continue to do so.

kowenicki said:
Playstation and Xbox are become services. NOT dependant on a single hardware item.... indeed they are hindered by that restriction.

If people cant or wont understand where this industry is going then its time they woke up.

Consumers will not let that "future" come to pass. MS tried forcing online only and no used games (pretty close to digital only) unto gamers when they didn't want it. They lost this console gen as a result and had to backpedal on their policies for now. The future of gaming is not streaming. It's more or less a service to supplement backwards compatibility not to replace hard copies of games and consoles altogether. If the big 3 want to keep making money from video games, they better listen to the gamers and not try us with this streaming only crap.

Around the Network

If you own a decent PC there's no reason to buy an xbox.Period.

Vasto said:
I dont see any problem with games going to PC as long as they make it clear when the announce the game like they did with Ori and Titanfall. I have Xbox One, PC and PS4 so I am covered but people have a right to know which platforms games are coming to from the start.

As for Fable Legends its a huge + that the game is also coming to PC because with Fable Legends being a multi player based game the more people playing the game means larger commuity of players and better over all life of the game.

Is it bad my first thought was 'how do I sell this guy on a Wii-U'...

Does it count as fanboyism if I plan to do my second game on that system after I finish work on my current Android project?

I think the difference is that all playstation platforms belong to Sony and PC's dont belong to Microsoft.

I think this is definitly a backup plan that was set in motion in case the X1 kept underperforming. Thruth be told, the PS4 will outsell it by twice as much most probably, so they are expanding their userbase to make their games more profitable. In the end, it might be beneficial to the X1, the same way multiplats are for the Vita. The games couldnt exist otherwise.

ZarskiSold said:
RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:
Playstation and Xbox are become services. NOT dependant on a single hardware item.... indeed they are hindered by that restriction.

If people cant or wont understand where this industry is going then its time they woke up.

Exactly. PlayStation and Xbox games on Nintendo hardware are the future, not the other way around. Puts things into perspective.

There will be no nintendo hardware, with in the decade they will go 3rd party as busienss logic dictates they do.  Their games ill end up on PS to release on the biggest gaming service around.    

It seems that the port begging won't stop, even if like Sauron, Playstation loses its physical form.

zero129 said:
Nem said:
I think the difference is that all playstation platforms belong to Sony and PC's dont belong to Microsoft.

I think this is definitly a backup plan that was set in motion in case the X1 kept underperforming. Thruth be told, the PS4 will outsell it by twice as much most probably, so they are expanding their userbase to make their games more profitable. In the end, it might be beneficial to the X1, the same way multiplats are for the Vita. The games couldnt exist otherwise.

No but the copy of Windows that almost every PC runs does .

Yeah, it does. But you know, the hardware isnt sold by microsoft. So, its not like we can say the games are still microsoft exclusive.