By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One lost another exclusive

You need Windows to run it... Do you think MS really cares if you buy it for X1 (owned by MS) or if you buy it for a Windows 10 based PC (Which MS owns the OS).

MS games are more Microsoft specific exclusives. That's like saying when a game comes out for the Vita and the PS4 it's no longer a Sony Exclusive, because you don't need a PS4 to play, but Sony owns both platforms......

Just like MS owns the X1 and the Windows OS the games will run on. Either way MS is getting the money... and the cross-play (X1 and PC) will make the experience that much better and makes even more sense now than ever for MS to release games for the PC and X1. This will only increase MS games profitability by vastly expanding the user-base.

Around the Network
true_fan said:

I've learned that games going to PC is useful for gaining some extra softwate sales and being used in fanboy banter. In March when Titanfall came out everyone supposedly had a gaming PC, yet we learned that wss a lie. Also if pepole had gaming PC a majority of the games like Alien, Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs... would have sold more on PC because that is c the best experience. Yet console sales outnumber PC dales by a wide margin each time. 

The more money MSFT makes, I believe that will lead to a better gaming experience for XBOX gamers. The same people who say no need for XB1 was never intending to get one anyway.

PC not being a majority (at least in the AAA market) doesn't make it irrelevant. Buying a console for exclusives is common among PC gamers, just as buying a 2nd is among console gamers. FL's move to PC just enforces the current perception that the X1 is unnecessary. It's a somewhat small minded conclusion, but a rather common one. Is it as major an issue for the X1 as some imply? No. Does that mean it's not an issue at all? Of course not.

If it were of no consequence at all then MS would be publishing every one of their exclusives on PC. Until they start doing that, people have a solid basis to believe that it's at least a relevant issue.

It could be argued that their current partial PC approach is financially beneficial to MS themselves, and i'd agree, but it will also benefit Sony and Nintendo. Everybody wins i suppose :p

kowenicki said:
kitler53 said:

you know how shareplay give developers the option to "opt out" and even though most games support it CoD (i think) disables the feature.   ...could be like that.  developer relationships can be a touchy thing and while i don't see a ton of gamesharing occuring because of this feature i could see publishers being scare of gamesharing.   i wouldn't be surprised to hear ms enabled an opt-out feature for publishers.

I just thought this too actualy. I cant see that being a big issue hopefully.  I think it is slightly different with it being any Windows 10 device too. I wouldnt buy a copy of a game specifically to play on surface pro or any wondows tablet.  But I would stream to that on occassion when it suited me.

to the best of my knowledge CoD is the only game blocking share-play so i expect this to have a similar amount of non-issue.  i'm kind of hoping in the future that publishers warm to the idea and that 1hour limit is removed on playstation.

at bold: i like the way the guy who developed retro city rampage said it with respect to sony's cross buy.  something like, "the number of consumers that will buy my game twice on multiple platforms is far fewer than the number of consumers that will be more interested in my game because i support multiple platforms."

kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:

No if you re-read my post you will see i said pennies compared to the money they've made off me. Because they've made thousands over the years on the pc side of things. 

But yes it's all good except for the console losing another exclusive game. Hence one less reason to buy it and that I guess is the point of this thread. On a site about console sales I'd say it's relevant. 

I give up.

£20 isnt pennies compared to anything.  Its £20... literally. 

It is only one less reason to a small minority of gamers.  Most buying this will be like you, people that wouldnt have bought an xbox one anyway. So it doesnt lessen the Xbox one sales in any measurable way imo.

I never said it lessens the sales in a measurable way but it affects it non the less. With the xbox lagging it needs gains not more minor losses. 

And don't give up so easily.  The reference to pennies is a figure of speech. Often used in the English language. Google the definition and you should get what I was saying. 

Excellent! Go MS

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Considering how small the PC gaming market is, its hardly 'losing' an exclusive.

I thought all the Fable games were available on Steam?

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Its not on PS4.....therefore I don't see the issue.

/thread.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

This strategy with first party games on PC is most likely allowing the Xbox teams to spend more money on making games.

Don't copy random editorials.

Still can't be played in ps4 or wii u, still a exclusive in my eyes.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4