By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One lost another exclusive

If MS wants to truly unite XB and PC, just make XB a platform rather than a physical box. The majority of the profit is made on software and services anyway. By getting rid of the physical box, they'll save billions on hardware R&D and also having to reclaim market share with each new generation. It's also easier for developers because they don't have to learn new hardware every 6-7 years. We the gamers won't have to deal with subpar launch games anymore as there will only be one launch. Common issues attributed to console gaming (backwards compatibility, resolution/frame rate, outdated specs, etc) will also be eliminated as games will be scalable and run as well as your hardware can handle.

Around the Network
jacks81x said:
If MS wants to truly unite XB and PC, just make XB a platform rather than a physical box. The majority of the profit is made on software and services anyway. By getting rid of the physical box, they'll save billions on hardware R&D and also having to reclaim market share with each new generation. It's also easier for developers because they don't have to learn new hardware every 6-7 years. We the gamers won't have to deal with subpar launch games anymore as there will only be one launch. Common issues attributed to console gaming (backwards compatibility, resolution/frame rate, outdated specs, etc) will also be eliminated as games will be scalable and run as well as your hardware can handle.

As of right now the box is the easiest way into the living room. 

jlmurph2 said:
jacks81x said:

As of right now the box is the easiest way into the living room. 

Yes. They should definitely keep the box.

Some people saying here to others that they wouldn't have bought an XB1 anyway can't really know that. I myself have said since the reveal that i'll never get an XB1 because I don't see the point right now as I already have a PS4. Yet, I have been tempted several times to go out and buy one, I almost bought one in GAME not that long ago but i'm glad I didn't because at this point it would have been a waste of £350.

Now as for this whole fable thing, it itself doesn't matter to me (as well as many others i'd say) because I wouldn't buy it anyway because it looks shit, it's the promise of it being only the first to go to PC that interests me. For example imagine I did like fable and it hadn't went to PC, that is a reason to get an XB1, Ori and the blind forest is another, albeit very small reason to get one too. Now they've both went to PC I can play them there and that makes me buying an XB1 harder to justify. Right now i'm not really interested in anything Xbox anyway, the only upcoming game that i'd be get honestly would be Halo 5.

All in all honestly I don't think this is going to be that much of a big deal, I don't see any actual relevant games going to PC so yeah I'd say in the end this will only benefit Microsoft unless they go full retard which is unlikely. Don't even know why I am writing it this thread is pretty ridiculous. 

P.S I'd bet that this whole thing is going to involve some weird XBL shenanigans

It's still a console exclusive.

Around the Network

People here.

Microsoft could announce tomorrow that Age of Empires Online was coming to the Xbox One and people would say Windows 10 lost an exclusive game.

I would immediately buy Halo MCC and Halo 5 for PC. The X1 is a dead system outside of the US, so from a financial standpoint it would be a wise decision to release all X1 exclusives for PC as well.

Burek said:
starcraft said:

Surely it will come.

MS did say that Fable is just one of their games coming to PC. I wouldn't be surprised if they ported all of them (probably with a short delay on PC, like 3rd party exclusives do today).

Thats more likely to be Age of Empires/Screamride etc.

PC suited games.

I don't really understand the reasoning?

Halo was on PC. Gears was on PC. Alan Wake was on PC.

What has happened that all of a sudden they are no longer suited for PC?

Sorry, perhaps suited was the wrong word.

What I meant to say was, a lot of people tend to forget about the depth and breadth of Microsoft's bank of exclusives. Further, Microsoft's sense of what constitutes a large franchise is evidently different to the views of a lot of people on this forum.

I guess I was just highlighting that there is no real reason at this point to suggest Sunset Overdrive is going anywhere just yet.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

It's only natural for Microsoft to support their own API. DirectX is Microsoft's baby. Why shouldn't they support it wherever it is? It's an integral part of Windows. I don't see what's wrong for them to make ther titles available for an other platform for which they have a monopoly. It's not like console gamers will just stop being console gamers just because the content they want is made available for PC gamers as well. Microsoft gets to sell their content to a bigger pool of people. It's an everyone wins situation.

What people have to understand is that Fable: Legends is a cross-platform game. Meaning that people playing the game on the PC and Xbox One will be playing the game online together. This isn't a fractured universe, where one group of players exists at the same time as another group, but neither can play with or against the other.

The Xbox One isn't losing an exclusive. The Xbox One is gaining cross-platform play. Something that's been missing from the PC/Console gaming with Microsoft since the early days of the Xbox 360.

Microsoft intends to bring more of it's titles to the PC, but at the same time feature cross-platform play with them as well.

The intent isn't to take away from the console, but to bring more value to gaming within the Microsoft ecosystem. Be it on the console, where you'll be able to play against friends on the PC, or on a Windows 10 PC where you'll have a wider array of gamers to play with or against.