By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One lost another exclusive

Not on Playstation, or Wii U. Most peopl e would not even play it if it was.

Around the Network
sergiodaly said:
Still can't be played in ps4 or wii u, still a exclusive in my eyes.

Exactly, thats what an exclusive is to me too.

If an Xbox One game is ported to PC then I still consider said Xbox One game "exclusive".

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

PwerlvlAmy said:
its a weird situation.

When Microsoft wasnt supporting Windows games for PC properly then fans cried out at Microsoft for it and said its a bad move and bashed them

Now Microsoft starts adding games to PC and its still perceived as bad to people

I view Microsoft in the same light I do Nintendo sometimes. They're in a no win situation no matter what they do

Wow so true. 

Now all we need is Sony in the no win situation. And all 3rd party developers too cos why not lmao.

joke of a system

User has been moderated for this post.

- Shinobi-san

Around the Network

I don't really see why it's too bad for them. They're getting additional revenue from the PC version for the game. However I don't view the PC as a platform that particularly competes with consoles and have a different audience. People who primarily game on PC, would probably ignore the XB1 and PS4 anyway for the most part.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

they should try and keep some true exclusives to help sell more hardware. Some people on the fence might just keep their pc and play that way if they can.

ThatDanishGamer said:

Microsoft announced yesterday that the former Xbox One exclusive Fable Legends is coming to PC. Fable Legends is not the first First Party game coming to PC.

What do you think about it? Is it good or bad for Xbox that Microsoft is bringing first party games to PC? Do Xbox One need true exclusives or are console exclusives enough?

Xbox One do have exclusives but most of them (including Halo) could also be ported to PC.

well since PC gaming is Microsoft exclusive pretty much... It's just logical... As long as it stays MS exclusive I'm fine... It's not like most console gamers are big PC gamers... Only the hardcore falls in that category and even then it's arguable...

reading this thread is just too much.

Everyone now seems to have a great gaming pc lol..
Oh you guys!.

Praise the One.

I think what they're doing is brilliant and makes total sense (if they follow through and really start pumping out XBOX exclusive games to the Windows 10). Here's why:

As it stands right now, I have a PS4, Wii U, and a gaming PC. There's about a 5% chance I will ever buy the XBone. I don't need another black rectangular box hooked into my TV. Multiplats are played on the PS4 and PC. Exclusives are played on the PS4 and WiiU. There simply aren't enough XBone exclusives I'm interested in to warrant a 400 dollar purchase and an extra box on my shelf. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in ANY of the exclusives. I'd love to play Sunset Overdrive. I will be playing Fable Legends. Scalebound looks bloody sweet. And I'm sure there will be others. But like I said, there is little to no chance of me ever buying an XBone.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Microsoft isn't making anything (or very little) off the actual hardware sale of a console. So, if they lose that hypothetical hardware sale from me (and others like me), they aren't actually losing any money. Just that arbitrary unit known as a console sale. Now, you could say "But hey! If they lose out on that hardware sale, aren't they losing out on potential sales of future software which have considerably higher profit margins than hardware?"

Well, yes, you would be right! Kind of. If (and only if) Microsoft goes all in on this, and REALLY pumps their good exclusives out to PC, these software sales will be converted to PC software sales. MS still gets their software sale. Thus, their bottom line does not suffer. As it looks right now, this will be purchased through the XBOX app. Which means they get to set pricing, and control things like licensing fees, etc. It's a complete win/win situation for Microsoft, despite them potentially losing a hardware sale.