By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever liked a sequel to a game you hated/disliked?

Super Metroid.

I didn't like the original Metroid at all, and I didn't touch Metroid II.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

This one is weird but I hated Rayman Origins. It put me to sleep and I detested every minute of it.

Then I played Rayman Legends and it is one of my favorite games of all time. (And I disliked the Back To Origins sections )

Saints Row 2, 3, and 4. Couldn't finish the first but good lord. SR2 blew me away!

Oh, and the mother of them all. Street Fighter II. Maybe the first was just too complicated for me at the time (It had buttons that you really had to hit hard with your fist!  And two fireballs were enough to kill you. AND it cost too much to play.) but when SF2 came out, it was a phenomenon and I got sucked into it.

kinisking said:
enditall727 said:
kinisking said:
Ultravolt said:

It's not that I hated or disliked it, but I could never get into Ocarina of Time. However, I REALLY enjoyed Majora's Mask.

I could never get into ocarina either. I don't understand the hype 

Yes you do. It was the 1st 3d Zelda. And it was a great game at that. What is there not to understand?

Whatever..

Why are you so offended. I don't understand the current hype then. People still act like it's the best Zelda game. It might even been at one time but not anymore. It's horrible outdated and most people are just relying on nostalgia. 

Current hype? What?? There is no "current hype" for Zelda OOT. There was just "hype" around the game at the time just like any other game. Like I said before, it was the 1st 3d Zelda so NOW you should understand.

Around the Network

One more and I'm done: Legacy of Kain II: Soul Reaver. That game was one of the best playing PS1 games of its time. It ended on a cliff hanger so I ner played the third (why jump to PS2!?) but it was a different beast than the first and hit all of the right notes with me.

Honorable mention to GTAIII for blowing the doors off of GTA2.

Well this isn't exactly fair because I played the original after getting Warped with my PS1 in 99 but Crash is the series that this applies to. I downloaded all 3 for PS1 one Summer when I was bored and found the 3rd held up wonderfully (and I'm not afraid to say a game has aged badly that I loved as a child like Resident Evil 3), the second was ok but really suffered from no analog controls, and the first was borderline unplayable with a terrible save system.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

enditall727 said:
kinisking said:
enditall727 said:
kinisking said:
Ultravolt said:

It's not that I hated or disliked it, but I could never get into Ocarina of Time. However, I REALLY enjoyed Majora's Mask.

I could never get into ocarina either. I don't understand the hype 

Yes you do. It was the 1st 3d Zelda. And it was a great game at that. What is there not to understand?

Whatever..

Why are you so offended. I don't understand the current hype then. People still act like it's the best Zelda game. It might even been at one time but not anymore. It's horrible outdated and most people are just relying on nostalgia. 

Current hype? What?? There is no "current hype" for Zelda OOT. There was just "hype" around the game at the time just like any other game. Like I said before, it was the 1st 3d Zelda so NOW you should understand.

I'm saying by current hype that theyres still people acting like none of the new Zelda compare and it's the best one. I don't understand their line of thinking. I already knew that it was the first 3d Zelda, and I understand why it had hype back then.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Ultrashroomz said:
Super Metroid.

I didn't like the original Metroid at all, and I didn't touch Metroid II.

Haha I agree with you,! 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Well this is kinda cheating but I didn't like the original Kid Icarus games, but I loved Uprising.