By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One is going to be advertised and promoted to hundreds of millions of people this year, every time they turn their PC on

100 of millions of people won't have Windows 10 though and they already know about the X1.This won't promote the console any better as MS already does something similar with Windows 8.

Around the Network
SkyHold said:
100 of millions of people won't have Windows 10 though and they already know about the X1.This won't promote the console any better as MS already does something similar with Windows 8.

Actually, there will be 100's of millions with Windows 10. All users of Windows 7+ will get Windows 10 for free. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
SkyHold said:

Actually, there will be 100's of millions with Windows 10. All users of Windows 7+ will get Windows 10 for free. 

yep, and given windows 10 seems to have corrected the UI mistakes that windows 8 made and introduces more performance improvements it should have relatively fast adoption, maybe even faster adoption than Windows 7. How success the app being front and centre is will depend entirely on what functionality comes with it, if it is just the win 8 one dressed up it isn't going to do much, however if it is the start of a much more cross platform integrated experience then it has potential to be huge, cross platform streaming would be monumentally massive if they did it, though I would not be holding my breath on that one in the short term.

Seece said:

So with the announcement that Xbox App will be integrated into Windows 10, coupled with the fact Windows 10 will be available as a free upgrade to Windows 7 and 8 users, it seems Xbox is gonna get a free bit of marketing/promotion.

I wonder how easy MS will make it to sign up to an Xbox account, if once you have your email address linked you can just open the app and chose a gamertag and ban you have an Xbox live account.

Even today people dont even have to create a gamertag. If you login into xbox with your outlook/hotmail stuff like "RandomNonsense#"  is the result :)

Doesnt matter, windows live exists since so many years, if you bought games like resident evil 5 you were forced to have a live account yet steam still got bigger than ever.

I wont use windows 10, i am sick and tired of upgrading after upgrading

Around the Network
okr said:
man-bear-pig said:
All they need to announce is PC game streaming on Xbox...then it'll beat te PS4

My thoughts as well. PC game streaming on Xbox One will be big, if it comes one day.

Whats the point of playing on consoles then?

Ka-pi96 said:
chapset said:
I don't think the lack of advertisement is the X1's problem

It is one of the problems in Europe...

No its not, we just prefer stronger hardware. 

Wow, this is actually pretty huge. I wonder if this will affect sales significantly.

They have the "Windows 8.1 with Bing" deal now where various manufacturers ship Windows laptops with Bing set as the default search engine and in exchange there is a huge discount. Wonder if MS could ship something special or set up a deal for manufacturers who emphasize the new Xbox app in Windows 10. Maybe some free game vouchers or a coupon off the cost of the console.

Seece said:

So with the announcement that Xbox App will be integrated into Windows 10, coupled with the fact Windows 10 will be available as a free upgrade to Windows 7 and 8 users, it seems Xbox is gonna get a free bit of marketing/promotion.

I wonder how easy MS will make it to sign up to an Xbox account, if once you have your email address linked you can just open the app and chose a gamertag and ban you have an Xbox live account.

That's basically how it is right now with Windows 8.x.  Want to play an "Xbox Live" game from the App Store, you have to have a gamertag.  Sign-in, play the game, earn achievements that appear on your gamertag.  There aren't many Xbox Live games in the App Store, but they exist.  Minesweeper, Solitaire, Majong, etc.