By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One is going to be advertised and promoted to hundreds of millions of people this year, every time they turn their PC on

This is a reason I actually like Microsoft. They have a nice interface and integrate everything together

Around the Network

Umm...I'm looking at an Xbox app on my computer right now...never downloaded it, it's just there...how is the one on Windows 10 different?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

There's already Xbox Games and Xbox Music apps on Windows 8.
Anyway I doubt Xbox needs any promotion with Windows since most people buying or upgrading already know that Xbox One exists. Also I don't think there's any major reason for Windows 10 owners to buy an Xbox. If you're gaming on a Windows PC, chances are you are a PC gamer, not a console gamer.

Eh. Probably won't do much; it's not like an embedded commercial, more like a billboard. But Xbox doesn't need help with brand recognition at this point.

man-bear-pig said:
All they need to announce is PC game streaming on Xbox...then it'll beat te PS4

My thoughts as well. PC game streaming on Xbox One will be big, if it comes one day.

Around the Network
chapset said:
I don't think the lack of advertisement is the X1's problem

This.  Of course, it won't have a negative impact, either.  It'll just kinda be there.  PC gamers will most likely just continue to use Steam, with the occasional jumping over to XBL if there is an exclusive on it.

Seece said:
Fusioncode said:
Windows has had an Xbox app for a while now haven't they?

Yeah but it's on Windows 8 which has crap marketshare, and it's tucked away in the metro part AND you need to download it.

All 3 of these problems will be resolved. It'll be available to far more people, right there on the start menu/list.

Sudently i'm not so hyped on win 10..

(just fun.. will find a way to remove it pretty easy)

This will make the brand more seen.. (not sure what that means) But It's a "megaton" that Win 10 can work together with One.. (Im afraid :)

fleischr said:
Seece said:

So with the announcement that Xbox App will be integrated into Windows 10, coupled with the fact Windows 10 will be available as a free upgrade to Windows 7 and 8 users, it seems Xbox is gonna get a free bit of marketing/promotion.

I wonder how easy MS will make it to sign up to an Xbox account, if once you have your email address linked you can just open the app and chose a gamertag and ban you have an Xbox live account.

It could just as likely to confuse people actually. Expect many to try putting 360 and X1 games into their disk trays and opening the app only to find out they don't work on their PCs. 

Let's hope they really make this easy and straightforward what the Xbox app really is and isn't. That applies to Xbox Live on PC as well. You may get people making purchases for games on Xbox Live who get upset they can't play them on PC.

I was going to argue then quickly realized I couldn't. *loses faith in humanity*

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

The Xbox brand is recognizable enough that this probably won't have the type of impact some are predicting.

As a sometime PC/Windows gamer, even with the free Win 10 upgrade, this is not the straw that will compel me to buy an XBO; I'd still rather play on Steam, with PC components.

Its not really good advertising though. Its just an app. On Windows phones, there was Xbox games and music and I don't think its made any difference to xbox's sales.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54