By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu Week ending Jan 18th

Ninsect said:
Ps4 holds decently. Ps3 almost equal to WiiU is quite decent!

This is not just decent for PS3, it is also pretty bad for Wii U...

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Boring week. Nintendomination, like every week.

You call it Nintendomination when the Wii U has almost the same numbers as the PS3 which is already 8 years out. lol

3DS is ok.
Everything else is terrible.

Not much else I can say about this mess...

Kresnik said:
zorg1000 said:

I think New 3DS did what it was supposed to, stop sales from plummeting. Last year, 3DS was down roughly 50% YoY thru the first 3 quarters. 3DS has been close to flat YoY for 4 months now, without the redesign we would still be looking at massive YoY declines. U could argue that it was Monster Hunter+Pokémon+Youkai Watch that prevented it but I would have to assume the fanbase for those games are already firmly on 3DS due to all those series already having huge selling installments on it.

I don't think it was expected that New 3DS was going to cause massive YoY gains so I'm pretty sure it has done it's job thus far.

I suppose that's a fair argument.  I was assuming more that it would've re-ignited sales somewhat combined with the slew of massive software that hit during Q4 2014, but perhaps that was too lofty a goal to aim for.

3DS has actually seen a fairly similar sales pattern to DS in Japan, just on a smaller scale.

DS end of 2005-5.6m (13 months) vs 3DS 2011 (10 months)-4.3m

DS 2006-8.4 million (+50%) vs 3DS 2012-5.5 million (+27%)

DS 2007-7.2 million (-14%) vs 3DS 2013-5.1 million (-7%)

DS 2008-4.2 million (-41%) vs 3DS 2014-3.0 million (-42%)

DS 2009-4.0 million (-6%) vs 3DS 2015-???? (Roughly flat thus far)

DS 2010-2.9 million (-28%) vs 3DS 2016-????

DS 2011-0.6 million (-77%) vs 3DS 2017-????

DS Lite was available for 9 months in 2006 while 3DS XL only for 5 months in 2012 so that partially explains the YoY difference between them in that year but DS in 2007/2008 is very similar to 3DS in 2013/2014 and so far 2009 & 2015 are tracking very similar so it seems that New 3DS has had a very similar affect as DSi.

If this trend continues and the next-handheld releases early 2017 than we can come up with a safe guess for 3DS sales this year and going forward 2015-2.7 million, 2016-1.9 million, 2017-0.4 million. So 3DS should be able to sell roughly 5 million more lifetime.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

3DS doing well compared to last year. Vita not looking to lively. Bancho bomba. Wii U blah. I don't understand how those PS4 numbers are "good". It's still dropping, and it is approaching 10K in a week or two. It's doing worse than Wii U's first January so far, and far worse than PS3's first January.

Around the Network

At least PS4 is holding up somewhat well.

Console sales in Japan being pretty bad just like always!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ps4 is selling much more than Wii U even with Wii U having 2 top ten games.
This shows you many people are buying PS4's in advance for upcoming games, I think it will sell over a million in Japan this year.

Comparing the console sales with the software sales, one could wonder if the japanese buy the PS4 to actually play on them or for other multimedia features ;)

Dr.Vita said:
Pavolink said:
Boring week. Nintendomination, like every week.

You call it Nintendomination when the Wii U has almost the same numbers as the PS3 which is already 8 years out. lol

And the 3DS outsells everything else. Don't forget about it. So yeah, NIntendomination.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile