By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Windows 10 Event: **LIVE** Windows 10 FREE to Windows 8, 8.1 and 7 Users.

What are you most anticipating?

The new Spartan Browser 50 23.92%

Virtual Reality debut 18 8.61%

PC Gaming with Xbox 55 26.32%

New Flasgship Phone 4 1.91%

New Surface Hardware 3 1.44%

START MENU 35 16.75%

Unknown new additions 14 6.70%

Cortana 9 4.31%

Other 15 7.18%

Total:203
Headshot said:
kitler53 said:

it's just gotta allow over the internet or the feature is less than worthless.   the only way this has any value is if i can play game on my lunch break.

"i want to play my console games on my laptop screen instead of my tv" ~said no one ever.

Actually a lot of people would prefer playing on monitors as opposed to TV's due to the input lag on TV's.

Would streaming it to your pc really give less input lag?

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Headshot said:
kitler53 said:

it's just gotta allow over the internet or the feature is less than worthless.   the only way this has any value is if i can play game on my lunch break.

"i want to play my console games on my laptop screen instead of my tv" ~said no one ever.

Actually a lot of people would prefer playing on monitors as opposed to TV's due to the input lag on TV's.

Would streaming it to your pc really give less input lag?

The streaming itself is what causes the input lag in most cases.

archer9234 said:

I'm more interested in the UI of Minecraft on Hololens. 'Cause you can't just touch the smokestack on the home, and poof, it knows what you want. And it really isn't that amazing. It's basically if you just wore your 3DS screens on your face. And had the AR cards placed in your room. Just a much better system.

That would be interesting to see. If they make a newer version of Minecraft it would be a killer app for the device if its up to snuff.

DirtyP2002 said:

every device that somehow uses a camera copied PS Move or Eyetoy CONFIRMED!

Kinect / Move comparison was a joke to begin with but now this... is... nah I won't say it, I will be banned if I do.

You complain quite a bit. Instead of getting frustrated, try debunking what I am saying. Debate is healthy if you let it be. 

P.S.

I never said that they copied the Eyetoy...I said the Eyetoy + PS Move tech demo did the same thing (More than a decade ago). Others in here noticed as well and posted pictures of the augmented reality. Its just doing augmented reality through another medium. 

Any news on release date?

Man, Windows 10 looks sweet.
To be honest, I'm already used to and loving Windows 8.1 but the improvements it will bring sound pretty good.

I'm definitely anticipating it.

Around the Network

Sorry if already mentioned, but I found this interesting:

''Today we announced that we are bringing Fable Legends to Windows 10 PCs, day-and-date with the Xbox One version in 2015.  This means Fable fans running Windows 10 will be able to play against their fellow gamers on Xbox One. It’s the same game, in the same world, on the same map. Fable Legends is just the first of the major game franchises from Microsoft Studios coming to Windows 10 and we will have more to share in the coming months.''

Source: http://news.xbox.com/2015/01/xbox-one-phil-spencer-unveils-new-experiences-for-xbox-one-and-windows-10-gamers 

I wonder what games they might bring to Windows 10. I guess we'll hear more at E3.

Hiku said:
Wow, it's free to Windows 7 users? I may very well upgrade then, as long as I can still go back to 7 again if I don't like 10.

Only for a year.

So can anyone give me a quick rundown of what happened since it's not in the OP.

Ka-pi96 said:
tpjp said:

Not sure if it's just free if upgrading within a year or after that users that upgraded must pay a fee. I'm not watching the press but I'm reading this news across the web but to no consensus about this.

Pretty sure it's always free. Windows 7 users can't upgrade for free until after the first year anyways.

I run 8.1 so I will upgrade when available. Pretty sure that Win 7 users could upgrade for free too.

From: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/01/windows-10-free-for-all-windows-8-1-and-windows-7-users-for-first-year/

Update: Microsoft fielded some questions about this upgrade in its Q&A session after the event. The company "hasn't decided" how it will handle upgrades from Windows 7 or 8.1 after the first year of Windows 10 availability ends, and it is "working on an update for Windows RT," but doesn't have further details to share.

Update 2: A blog post from Terry Myerson clears up what "Windows as a service" means, though the duration of "the supported lifetime of the device" is still foggy. "This is more than a one-time upgrade," writes Myerson. "Once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device—at no additional charge."

I wonder how much that hologram thing is going to cost.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!