By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite Home Console For Each Generation

If it comes to games I would list all the Nintendo consoles, since I like those exclusives more even if they are fewer than what I can find elsewhere, on both Xbox and PS. So I will make two lists.

Gen 5 - N64 (the best games)
Gen 6 - GC (the best games)
Gen 7 - Wii (the best games)
Gen 8 - Wii U (the best games)

or (based on the hardware, features and games all-in-all)

Gen 5 - N64 (better hardware and games than the PS1)
Gen 6 - GC (better hardware and games than the PS2, but PS2 had more games that I liked than PS1)
Gen 7 - PS3 (much better hardware and features than the Wii and many great games)
Gen 8 - PS4 (much better hardware and features than the Wii U and many great games)

Around the Network

Gen 1-3: Wasn't even alive yet!
Gen 4: Sega Genesis (aka Mega Drive)
Gen 5: Sega Saturn
Gen 6: Dreamcast
Gen 7: PS3
Gen 8: PS4

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Gen 3: NES
Gen 4: SNES
Gen 5: PS1
Gen 6: Xbox
Gen 7: PS3
Gen 8 (so far): PS4

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

NES (Gen 3)
SNES (Gen 4)
N64 (Gen 5) though PSX is very close
Dreamcast (Gen 6)
XBox 360 (Gen 7)

Home Consoles

Gen 3: Nes
Gen 4: Snes
Gen 5: PS1
Gen 6: Gamecube
Gen 7: Xbox 360 (Maybe tied due to me playing the PS3 during the later stages of this gen)
Gen 8: TBA...

Around the Network

GEN 3: NES. My childhood.
GEN 4: SNES. I was a Genesis fanboy, but I accept I had more fun with SNES's superior game lineup.
GEN 5: PS1. But N64 was really close. My favorite game is OoT. PS1 had the quality quantity.
GEN 6: PS2. My favorite console of all.
GEN 7: None. Point when gaming starts going downhill for me.
GEN 8: Noner (so far). The generation that defines disappointment. So far the WiiU being the least disappointing.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

3rd - NES
4th - Neo Geo CD (fighting game fanatic)
5th - Playstation 1
6th - Playstation 2 & Dreamcast (I love both equally)
7th - Playstation 3
8th - Playstation 4

“Ore no... Kachi da!”

-Gen 3: NES (Barely, I was quite young when my family had one)

- Gen 4: Genesis (SNES for RPG's tho, was always jealous of my friends)

- Gen 5: PS1 (Unless you count Dreamcast as 5th gen like some people)

- Gen 6: PS2 (Dreamcast for either, depending on where you place it)

- Gen 7: PS3 (Hated Wii except Wii Sports and M$ has really bad hardware/shitty business policies)

- Gen 8: Wii U (Have a gaming PC now and until Bloodborne comes out, neither of the twins have anything actually exclusive or interesting)

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

Well, this is going to make me feel old:

1: Binatone TV Master
2: Atari 2600
3: NES
4: SNES
5: PlayStation
6: PS2
7: PS3
8: PS4

Hapimeses said:
Well, this is going to make me feel old:

1: Binatone TV Master
2: Atari 2600
3: NES
4: SNES
5: PlayStation
6: PS2
7: PS3
8: PS4

You should be Revered around here for being one of the very few to game in all eight generations!

I like this topic... Surprised how many people I thought liked Sony but ended up liking nintendo