By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ways Nintendo can boost WiiU sales

For one, I definitely think they need to buy Capcom. They will have access to a huge variety of games. They could make more Megaman and expand the Okami series as well. Also with getting Monster Hunter on the Nintendo home console. That would be amazing. Lets hope they do buy them.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
vkaraujo said:

Honestly, i don't agree with Wii HD remasters, since WiiU can already play those games anyway.

If they are going to remake/remaster something, it needs to be GameCube games.

I don't know about you but I have own a Nintendo console since NES. HD remaster is not really intended to be purchase by consummer like me that have own previous version. There are many WiiU owners that are first time customers or younger customers that have never played previous interation of the game. I for one have missed out on Mario Galaxy 2 and would love an HD version. 

Also most of the Wii version of these games no longer sale at retail.

ALL of this is stuff everyone on the planet and their mother has already heard.

Why are people complaining about the Wii HD thing? WindWaker HD provided a small but obvious boost when it released, and that was
A. A GameCube title
B. A Zelda game
C. Just one game
Super Mario Galaxy 1+2 HD would sell more because
A. Well known by many
B. It's Mario duh
C. 2 games in one
D. Wii U is now selling decently compared to what it was selling in October 2013

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

You're just regurgitating what has said countless times in the past.

The truth is that the Wii U is what it is: a niche console with some great games that Nintendo fans can and will appreciate.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I get that but that is still quite an expensive investment cause Capcom really only has like what? Two IPs that might help Nintendo? One is Monster Hunter and the Other is probably SF so the question will be, will it be cheaper for Nintendo just to get the exclusive rights to the IPs or invest in the whole company and imo, it will be better for them to get exclusive rights. And I am pretty sure Capcom's market cap is at 1 billion USD atm

And I understand how wonderful dolphin looks but the issue with me is that its only up resing it to 1080p and asking me to pay $50 (or $25 per game) for that which to me is not worth $50. Upresing games is not very difficult and most likely, they will put minimal effort into it since Mario Galaxy already looks pretty damn perfect as it is. Yes, going from 480p to 1080p will improve the look but it wont improve it enough to justify the $50 price tag imo. And they won't get the same treatment as WWHD cause WW had lots of areas where the visuals could be improved other than just the res where as Mario Galaxy, the most they will probably do is just upres it and maybe add some AA cause it looks pretty damn great as it is

WHOAhhhh

Capcom most popular:

MEga Man, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Devil may Cry, Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter, Dead Rising

Capcom idle franchises:

Beath of Fire, Bionic Commando, VIewtiful Joe, Lost Planet

I've never understood why people think Nintendo should buy Capcom.

I think they should buy Bandai-Namco and Arika.

they should sell 2 games at the price of 1 and change the name so that people think its a new console.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

yvanjean said:

I get that but that is still quite an expensive investment cause Capcom really only has like what? Two IPs that might help Nintendo? One is Monster Hunter and the Other is probably SF so the question will be, will it be cheaper for Nintendo just to get the exclusive rights to the IPs or invest in the whole company and imo, it will be better for them to get exclusive rights. And I am pretty sure Capcom's market cap is at 1 billion USD atm

And I understand how wonderful dolphin looks but the issue with me is that its only up resing it to 1080p and asking me to pay $50 (or $25 per game) for that which to me is not worth $50. Upresing games is not very difficult and most likely, they will put minimal effort into it since Mario Galaxy already looks pretty damn perfect as it is. Yes, going from 480p to 1080p will improve the look but it wont improve it enough to justify the $50 price tag imo. And they won't get the same treatment as WWHD cause WW had lots of areas where the visuals could be improved other than just the res where as Mario Galaxy, the most they will probably do is just upres it and maybe add some AA cause it looks pretty damn great as it is

WHOAhhhh

Capcom most popular:

MEga Man, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Devil may Cry, Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter, Dead Rising

Capcom idle franchises:

Beath of Fire, Bionic Commando, VIewtiful Joe, Lost Planet

Yea but will those help Nintendo though? I highly doubt a significant amount of people will buy a wiiU for Megaman, DMC, Ace Attorney or even DR really as well as BoF, BC, VJ and LP. Their biggest sellers that can sell systems are really, MH but only in Japan, SF and RE which has gone down in quality and sales significantly. Oh and lets not forget that just because Nintendo owns capcom does not mean that Capcom will shit out gold in terms of game quality.

And honestly, now that I am thinking about it, how is buying Capcom supposed to help the wiiU? Buying companies takes quite a while and getting the company that you bought making games for the system they previously had no interest in also takes a while... So at its best, it will help Nintendo's next console

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yea but will those help Nintendo though? I highly doubt a significant amount of people will buy a wiiU for Megaman, DMC, Ace Attorney or even DR really as well as BoF, BC, VJ and LP. Their biggest sellers that can sell systems are really, MH but only in Japan, SF and RE which has gone down in quality and sales significantly. Oh and lets not forget that just because Nintendo owns capcom does not mean that Capcom will shit out gold in terms of game quality.

And honestly, now that I am thinking about it, how is buying Capcom supposed to help the wiiU? Buying companies takes quite a while and getting the company that you bought making games for the system they previously had no interest in also takes a while... So at its best, it will help Nintendo's next console

First - The purchase itself would create a media buzz.

Second - HD remake of Capcom fanchise for short term impact on WiiU.

Third - Announce at E3 that capcom is working on next Resident Evil for WiiU and Monster Hunter 4 WiiU.

Fourth - Nintendo needs a company that will compliment their Nintendo development. Capcom already making good game for Nintendo on the 3DS. They need to insure that capcom would be working on WiiU games. Sure, the immidiate future they can't just cancel contract with Sony and games that are almost completed on Xbox One and PS4 but they could have ports to WiiU. Capcom AAA titles for WiiU would only release in late 2016.

This is all just fan fiction.... there is a very low chance of Capcom being acquired by Nintendo.