By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ways Nintendo can boost WiiU sales

Paatar said:
For one, I definitely think they need to buy Capcom. They will have access to a huge variety of games. They could make more Megaman and expand the Okami series as well. Also with getting Monster Hunter on the Nintendo home console. That would be amazing. Lets hope they do buy them.

I think that, more necessary than the IPs, the studios working for Capcom are more valluable. They have been working with HD for years, and they could help cover droughts on both home console and handheld.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
okr said:
I've never understood why people think Nintendo should buy Capcom.

I think they should buy Bandai-Namco and Arika.

Capcom has the cool stuff :( Mega Man, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Street Fighter, Dead Rising... For any manufacturer it could be a nice deal. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

1. Find a way, anyway, to get publishers to release games on the system.

2. Cut the price from $299 to $199.

I agree with pretty much everything except 8. Buying Capcom would give them more development teams and IPs, but it would cost a lot of money and I don't think spending that kind of cash is in Nintendo's best interest right now.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Metallox said:
okr said:
I've never understood why people think Nintendo should buy Capcom.

I think they should buy Bandai-Namco and Arika.

Capcom has the cool stuff :( Mega Man, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Street Fighter, Dead Rising... For any manufacturer it could be a nice deal. 

Bandai-Namco has the Tales and Dark Souls franchises, though.

Around the Network
yvanjean said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Yea but will those help Nintendo though? I highly doubt a significant amount of people will buy a wiiU for Megaman, DMC, Ace Attorney or even DR really as well as BoF, BC, VJ and LP. Their biggest sellers that can sell systems are really, MH but only in Japan, SF and RE which has gone down in quality and sales significantly. Oh and lets not forget that just because Nintendo owns capcom does not mean that Capcom will shit out gold in terms of game quality.

And honestly, now that I am thinking about it, how is buying Capcom supposed to help the wiiU? Buying companies takes quite a while and getting the company that you bought making games for the system they previously had no interest in also takes a while... So at its best, it will help Nintendo's next console

First - The purchase itself would create a media buzz.

Second - HD remake of Capcom fanchise for short term impact on WiiU.

Third - Announce at E3 that capcom is working on next Resident Evil for WiiU and Monster Hunter 4 WiiU.

Fourth - Nintendo needs a company that will compliment their Nintendo development. Capcom already making good game for Nintendo on the 3DS. They need to insure that capcom would be working on WiiU games. Sure, the immidiate future they can't just cancel contract with Sony and games that are almost completed on Xbox One and PS4 but they could have ports to WiiU. Capcom AAA titles for WiiU would only release in late 2016.

This is all just fan fiction.... there is a very low chance of Capcom being acquired by Nintendo.

Well, I really don't think RE will have that much of an impact considering their recent games. RE6 was laughable, RE:Rev was good but not great and we don't really know if their next one will even hold true to the promises that Capcom made considering Capcom made promises in the past which they didn't deliver on them at all. And MH will only get Japanese people excited and no one else really. If SF becomes exclusive, that will probably make a nice impact but both SF (if Sony didn't make that deal) and MH can be secured by money that is far less expensive for Nintendo than actually buying most of the company and waiting years to see a return. And once they sign that contract, I doubt that Capcom can go back on it.

And yea, Media Buzz and short term impact but really, Nintendo has been getting some positive buzz in the last year since MK8 and hasn't really done much with the wiiU

And again, really, the only game that Capcom is working on is MH for Nintendo and again, secured by money. Also, most of Capcom's IPs have gone down in quality since their previous itterations and buying a Company that has ruined several of its franchises is not something I want Nintendo to go into. Sure, they can implement some Quailty Control but in the end, they will just lose even more money. And I highly doubt Sony is willing to bid on MH cause if they were, they would have done so by now imo.

And yea, I know its all fiction but I don't think in this fiction scenario, Capcom will help Nintendo much at all. But thats just my opinion on the matter

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

okr said:

Oh... Souls games are very good, so my argument ends there :P 

Does Bandai Namco own From Software btw?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

100$ price drop.
bundles.
no more droughts. If HD remake fill it, so let it be
promotions for wii owners. like trade your wii for wii U and get something, more discounts.

But most of them seems too late to work.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

You do know that they can't just buy Capcom right? Like, Capcom costs a lot of money and there are many things to consider when buying a company...

LIES! Nintendo will buy Capcom, Sega, and Sony to start the Japanese Trinity and usher in a new golden age for video games!

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Metallox said:
okr said:

Oh... Souls games are very good, so my argument ends there :P 

Does Bandai Namco own From Software btw?

Nope. The Kadokawa corporation bought From Software last year. They also own Enterbrain/Famitsu, btw.