By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Wii U is the only console to ever baffle me

ExplodingBlock said:
Oh I see, you are the kind of guy that hates a Zelda game and judges it's qualilty based of off it's artstyle
Christ, it is like 2003 all over again

and not a good judgement at that.

Around the Network
McDonaldsGuy said:

The backlash is from Nintendo itself, because not even they are using the gamepad for anything.  

Starfox ... and maybe I'm in the minority but I really like several of the Nintendo land games (metroid is a ton of fun, AC- Sweetest Day, Mario Chase, to a lesser extent both Luigi's Ghost Mansion and The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest)

The gamepad was one of the worst ideas in the history of gaming. No hype for it whatsoever. Think of it this way - Sony has copied Nintendo's controller since the orignal PlayStation. The PS1 controller was modeled after the SNES controller. Nintendo comes out with an analog stick, Sony makes the Dual Analog. Nintendo comes out with rumble, Sony comes out with the Dual Shock. Nintendo creates the GameCube Wavebird, Sony then also goes wireless. Nintendo comes out with the Wiimote, Sony laughably tries to copy them with the Sixaxis controller and eventually the Move controller.

Sony didn't even bother acknowledging the Wii U controller. NO ONE outside of Nintendo thought it was a good idea, and now I bet Nintendo is regretting it.

Didn't sony add a touch pad to the DS4? Sadly I haven't even played a PS4 yet so I may be off in how similar it is ...

Also their thoughts about online really prove my point: they have gone completely insane and they need an executive overhaul + rebranding like the PS3 did in 2009.

It is hard to keep online family friendly and Nintendo is a Family Friendly company That said they could do a few things differently and still be family friendly.

I will say I liked your idea for their achievement system, I don't personally care about trophies / achievements but MANY players do and it adds to the replay value of most any game for those that do care.

Samus Aran said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
jetforcejiminy said:

uninformed, hysterical list of aimless grievances is... uninformed and hysterical.

i think at this point if these sorts of posts from people who clearly don't own the console and have no stake in nintendo's success or failure were taken together, they could be published in encyclopedia form in more than a few volumes.

amazingly, we're still getting the childish "Cell-da" complaint in 2015. yup. because progress.

concern trolling ftw.

That's the thing - I have no desire to buy a Wii U. That's not my fault. Clearly most people agree with me.

And the Cel-Da complaint is legit. Dark Souls + Nintendo's touch is what I was expecting Zelda Wii U to be, not a cartoon.

Dark Souls looks ugly as hell.

Dark Souls has a lot of cool art direction and boss/character designs, but yeah that's why I say add Nintendo's colorful touch to it. That would be an amazing art style.

Imagine being in a Zelda game and facing something like Ancient Dragon, Great Wolf Sif, Demon Song, Ornstein and Smough, Pinwheel, or Tower Knight. Instead we are going to get this again:

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
You realize that the selling point of Dark Souls is the brutal difficulty, right? Zelda games are known for their accessibility. If you make it Dark Souls with Zelda, few people would buy it. And both Sony and Microsoft are acknowledging the Gamepad. Off-TV Play with Vita's remote play, and the second screen with Xbox Smart Glass.

Oh no I mean like a combination. Like Dark Souls + Nintendo's touch. I actually think Dark Souls could replace Zelda in relevance if it became more accessible, rated T, and a little more colorful. But I hope it doesn't do that because the Souls series is amazing.

I am saying what they should do is combine both aspects of each series into one for the next Zelda.

And Smartglass/Off-TV play were around before the Wii U.

It sounds like you never played Super Mario 3D World. If you did then you might realize that its up there with Mario 64. Its such a excellent game. I haven't loved a game as much since Super Mario 2.

Around the Network

From a business point of view, Wii U is the most badly handle major console I've every seen. Worse than the Saturn, the Dreamcast, the Gamecube.
Almost everything that they could have gotten wrong, they did get wrong. They shied away from common sense at every turn, burying their heads in the sand and pretending nothing was wrong. Only their beloved franchises have kept them afloat; any other console maker would be been Dreamcasted by this point.

I agree with %70 of this post

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

curl-6 said:

From a business point of view, Wii U is the most badly handle major console I've every seen. Worse than the Saturn, the Dreamcast, the Gamecube.
Almost everything that they could have gotten wrong, they did get wrong. They shied away from common sense at every turn, burying their heads in the sand and pretending nothing was wrong. Only their beloved franchises have kept them afloat; any other console maker would be been Dreamcasted by this point.

This is shocking but the Wii U has actually sold significantly WORSE than the Dreamcast.

That fact shocked me. The Dreamcast after a year and a half on the market sold 10 million. The Wii U not only has failed to sell 10 million in TWO years, but it also had a WORLDWIDE release while the Dreamcast was Japan only for almost a year!!!!!!!

It blows my mind that the Wii U can sell worse than the Dreamcast then people defend Nintendo's decisions.

If Nintendo had an online system, controller, features(snap, non-gamerelated) equal to Xbox ones, power equal to ps4's,achievements, *drools*

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

curl-6 said:

They thought they could cash in success just like the Xbox 360 did by going with something original (as original as the first HD console might be, but instead, Gamepad) and by releasing first on the market before anyone else, which eventually lead to all these strange hardware designs.