By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Wii U is the only console to ever baffle me

McDonaldsGuy said:
curl-6 said:

From a business point of view, Wii U is the most badly handle major console I've every seen. Worse than the Saturn, the Dreamcast, the Gamecube.
Almost everything that they could have gotten wrong, they did get wrong. They shied away from common sense at every turn, burying their heads in the sand and pretending nothing was wrong. Only their beloved franchises have kept them afloat; any other console maker would be been Dreamcasted by this point.

This is shocking but the Wii U has actually sold significantly WORSE than the Dreamcast.

That fact shocked me. The Dreamcast after a year and a half on the market sold 10 million. The Wii U not only has failed to sell 10 million in TWO years, but it also had a WORLDWIDE release while the Dreamcast was Japan only for almost a year!!!!!!!

It blows my mind that the Wii U can sell worse than the Dreamcast then people defend Nintendo's decisions.

To be fair, Wii U will easily outsell the Dreamcast lifetime though, because it will have a longer lifespan.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

From a business point of view, Wii U is the most badly handle major console I've every seen. Worse than the Saturn, the Dreamcast, the Gamecube.
Almost everything that they could have gotten wrong, they did get wrong. They shied away from common sense at every turn, burying their heads in the sand and pretending nothing was wrong. Only their beloved franchises have kept them afloat; any other console maker would be been Dreamcasted by this point.

Agree, almost everything about the onsole went wrong

*The name

*The gamepad conception not being attarctive and being difficult to adapt to

*the power of the console being modest(if it had been almost as powerful as xbox one it would have been better for third part support) with respect to the other consoles due to the Gamepad

*Not having good enough launch games to promote the console and the Gamepad

But whast done its done, hope at least next time iwata wont make any of these mistakes

McDonaldsGuy said:
Samus Aran said:

Dark Souls looks ugly as hell.

Dark Souls has a lot of cool art direction and boss/character designs, but yeah that's why I say add Nintendo's colorful touch to it. That would be an amazing art style.

Imagine being in a Zelda game and facing something like Ancient Dragon, Great Wolf Sif, Demon Song, Ornstein and Smough, Pinwheel, or Tower Knight. Instead we are going to get this again:

Yes please.

curl-6 said:

how? it's making money. and nintendo's only mistakes were only in marketing and development time for the first year and a half. but the wii u is in it's current situation because of unprofessional third parties.

Materia-Blade said:
curl-6 said:

how? it's making money. and nintendo's only mistakes were only in marketing and development time for the first year and a half. but the wii u is in it's current situation because of unprofessional third parties.

Third parties definitely could have conducted themselves better, but I can't think of a console where more bad decisions were made by the manufacturer than Wii U. The name, the gamepad, the architecture, the power level, the type of software greenlit for it, the advertising, the price, they got screwed up on pretty much everything, commercially speaking.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Wii U, but what the hell was Nintendo smoking...

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Materia-Blade said:

Third parties definitely could have conducted themselves better, but I can't think of a console where more bad decisions were made by the manufacturer than Wii U. The name, the gamepad, the architecture, the power level, the type of software greenlit for it, the advertising, the price, they got screwed up on pretty much everything, commercially speaking.

everything bolded was ok, the games were great.

Materia-Blade said:
curl-6 said:
Materia-Blade said:

everything bolded was ok, the games were great.

The games were indeed great, but they weren't what the mainstream gamer wanted. And while I'm perfectly happy with it, the power level did damage its reputation and prevent it from getting PS4/Xbone multiplats.

curl-6 said:
Materia-Blade said:
curl-6 said:

... Wiid

I agree some points are valid. Other ideas seemed liked they were taken from a biased bgr.com article. Nintendo hasn't been perfect but to maintain credibility you need to make it seem like your negatives aren't from online critics who have never played it.

Well he is right on most things.

The gamepad is the wiiu biggest problem, I can't believe people are still trying to defend it.

He is also totally right about super mario 3d world, I remember when I first saw the reveal and stream was sticking I honestly thought it was sequel for 3d land on the 3ds until I confirmed after it was wiiu the letdown was beyond measurable. Then I heard great things about the game especially here on vgchartz, I even remember someone saying it reaches the heights of mario galaxy.

I got the game along with my wiiu and I can tell you that I honestly believe people were genuinely lying about the game, anybody that says some BS about this being one of the best mario they ever played are lying out of their teeth, or never played any other mario.

This game is absolutely no way a mario galaxy, 64 nothing, its exactly what I thought of in the reveal a follow up to 3d land lazily ported across to the wiiu. I can tell you anybody that says otherwise are genuinely lying about the game.

Now I enjoyed 3d land on my 3ds but super mario 3d world does not belong on a home console ever, especially nintendo's first HD console.

Edit- The new zelda artstyle looks really good though.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)