By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can You Tell The Difference Between 720p and 1080p?

Tagged games:

Can you tell the difference between 720p and 1080p when you play video games?

Yes, I can. 110 74.83%

No, I cannot. 37 25.17%

Total:147

Followup to my other thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=196868

I can tell pretty easily (I can USUALLY tell the difference between 900p and 1080p), but some people claim to not notice a difference.

Results so far:

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

In motion I can see the difference between 720p and 1080p...

900p vs 1080p, no, and most of people would be wrong in 50% of time.

But, in the end of the day, I don't care at all.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Despite suffering from myopia I can clearly tell the difference between 720p and 1080p.

I think I'll just copy paste this.

Everyone can. Those who say they can't never honestly tried or are lying.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Yep. When I played GTA 5 on my PS4 for the first time, the first thing that I noticed was the upgraded resolution.

Around the Network

Easily, and everyone who can't needs glasses. 900p with a good upscaling is noticeable too with a better inspection. 720p is easily noticeable, even with good upscalers.

720p and 1080p is a clear difference. Especially on a PC the extra real estate is almost impossible to not notice. Even on smartphones at that pixel density there is no improvement in visual quality but the extra room for smaller things is great.

I understand those who can't see the difference between 900p and 1080p but it's still there and clear (at least to me)

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Yup

Usually I do not notice it, probably because I do not really care.

I believe that if I would focus, I would notice it.

Yes, non native display res always stands out.
1080p vs 720p makes a big difference for racing games where you focus on a small part of the screen looking at the road in the distance. For open world games it adds extra immersion being able to see further. For platformers, no advantage, but looks nicer when it's not upscaled.