By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can You Tell The Difference Between 720p and 1080p?

Tagged games:

Can you tell the difference between 720p and 1080p when you play video games?

Yes, I can. 110 74.83%

No, I cannot. 37 25.17%

Total:147

The rigth answer to your question is: YES and NO.

To answer it you need to know the distance to the screen and the size of that screen. Like this:

I plugged my PC on my 43" HD Plasma TV and it's now leagues better than before when I was using a 32" LED Full HD. So, from where I play, I can't see the pixels.

Around the Network

Yes, absolutely. I have a projector, the image is about 75" and is 2m away from me so...

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Yes, 720P has a blurry feel to it. In all honesty though I don't really care, I can game perfectly fine on either.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

My TV is like 36 inches. You can put the rest together.

Not really, my tv isnt big enough so i cant see anything better than my screen.

Also im becoming a little short sighted so distant things get a little blurry.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

Yes. But I don't care too much.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

yes.
but after playing for 5 mins is completly irrelevant.

I can, but I don't mind 720p that much.

I think everyone can, unless of course they are just lying.

Simple test, open YouTube on your PC. set the video quality to 360p, make it full screen then set the video quality to 480p and make that full screen. Then try 720p, I'm sure anyone will be able to yell the difference with increased resolution.

Yeah, but this is about the difference between 720p and 1080p - I just did that exercise on YouTube and couldn't really notice any difference. The optimal viewing distance graph haqquaton posted makes a lot of sense, though.