By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the first console that you owned?

Apart from a handheld tetris in early 90s, a PS2 in 2011 :p These days all I play are PS2 games on PC emu.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

PS2, but I permanently borrowed a PS off my brother a few years prior. Years before that when I was at university my flatmate has a NES.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

PS1

Sega Master System. Got mine in about 1988 I think complete with Hang On and Alex Kidd In Miracle World. Had it until I bought a SNES on release date but because of the high price of games and Paper round money being atrocious, I didn't add many more titles over the 3 years or so I had it. Others I bought over the 3 years were:

Wonderboy In Monsterland
Wonderboy 3 The Dragons Trap
Phantasy Star
Fantasy Zone
Fantasy Zone 2
Rastan
Super Kick Off

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Around the Network

Atari 2600

boypita said:

This was mine :P

This too.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Magnavox Odyssey², closely followed by the Atari 2600.

Kirin_gaming said:

Mine was the NES which I didn't get until '97, the thing was probaly worth less than $50 at that time. 

I was 5 though, and had no idea what a console was.The NES was the perfect introductory console, it was just magical...

The first console that I got with my own money was the PS2 though, which was the best console I've owned, by far.I feel that when you only own one console you get to appreciate it way more.

Was the NES you got the top loader or was it an original model?

retroking1981 said:
Magnavox Odyssey², closely followed by the Atari 2600.

Odyssey² is a pretty interesting console, I haven't seen one in person but it's definitely one I want to try.

First console I owned was the original PlayStation.

Games like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Ape Escape, and even Gran Turismo 2 are what really got me started into gaming.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."