By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the first console that you owned?

While my first gaming exposure was to a SNES my cousin let me borrow for an extended period of time -- first console I owned was the N64! Bought it with all the money a 9 year old could muster. I picked it up with Banjo Kazooie. My brother bought OoT. My Dad added in Goldeneye as well as an extra controller :)

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

Been gaming for as long as I can remember. Used to play the SNES, Mega Drive then N64 every day at my friends house. I remember his brother used to rage at us because we would sometimes complete/progress through his games when he was at school :D. The first console I had in my house was either the Gameboy Colour or the PS1. I know for sure I got the GBC when I was 9 though cus I bought it the same day I got my confirmation with the money I got, I got pokemon red with it, it later got stolen :(. With the PS1 I remember begging my dad to get an N64 instead cus all my friends had one, glad he didn't end up getting one. The first game we got was crash bandicoot after I seen it at a next door neighbours and was blown away, the parents were badgered into getting it lol. After the GBC the first console I ever bought with my own money was the PS4. Sorry for the life story just had to nostalgia out a bit!

P.S Every console I've ever owned still works to this day!

Sega master system 2. Although technically it was my fathers, i treated it as my own and had it in my room. The built in sonic title was the first game i played at home. The first console i bought myself was the ps1 or 2 (cant remember which)

Game gear, a portable. Home console, it was the Mega Drive.

Nintendo Entertainment System in 1996.

Around the Network

First home console: Gamecube
First portable: Gameboy Micro

First console I owned was X360.
I used to play a lot of PES 6 tournaments at my friend's house on his PS2, and I borrowed it several times to play San Andreas and Vice City. So when they announced GTA IV, I decided to start gaming more actively and bought a X360, mainly because it was much cheaper and they promised timed exclusive DLCs.

Guess.

It was the Atari 2600 with three games: Pitfall2, H.E.R.O and Pengu. I actually played the Vectrex the summer before, but it was a rental :). A2600 was, and still is, one of my favorite consoles ever, since it had H.E.R.O.

SNES was the first I played and N64 was the first one I owned.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54