By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the first console that you owned?

This was mine :P

Around the Network
sundin13 said:

But, I didn't really own that console. After that, I played a lot of PS1 but the first console I owned was the PS2 where I really started my gaming habit.

I can relate to that with the Gamecube. By the time I got one my parents had enough money to buy me games every so often, which was around 2003-2004ish? PS1 games were pretty much phased out at EBGames by that time here so really it fell off my radar until about 4-5 years ago when I started to go to gaming conventions, the internet market opened up for me and I started visiting retro shops.

PSone

Sega Genesis, which my parents bought for my older brother. First game I played was Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

My parents bought me and my bro an SNES. He grew out of playing games so then he gave it to me.

The first console I bought with my OWN hard earned cash was the Nintendo Gamecube. It was a replacement to the one my mom bought me because my friends knocked it down a few times and it would continually have disc reading errors.

Around the Network
boypita said:

This was mine :P

Heh, nice to see a Famiclone here, a friend of mine had one of these,

N64. Paper Mario, Star Fox, SSB, and Lego Racers were good fun

Atari 7800 way back in '87, then the following Christmas I got an NES.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

My first console was the Nintendo Entermainment System (NES)
Favorite game was probably Teenage Mutant Turtles ( though i love my zelda back then too)

Does this mean i'm old?

Gameboy Advanced SP...If you're not including handhelds then it was a PS2. I have fond memories of playing the Dynasty Warrior game on my PS2 for HOURS! It was so much fun.