By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - That one game you love that everyone else hates

curl-6 said:
Samus Aran said:
curl-6 said:

I used to. I appreciate it more now, but I still think it's the least of the Prime trilogy, an 8/10 where the first and third are 9/10s.

The third game is too easy and not enough isolation or atmosphere.

I found Elysia and the Pirate Homeworld two of the most atmospheric locations in the trilogy.

I actually think Valhalla is the most atmospheric location in the entire trilogy, but overall I think the game lacks in atmosphere because of the segmented planets. Space pirate homeworld was quite monotone in colour and didn't have many interesting scan logs. Still a good game of course (9/10). I just hope they go back to a less story driven Metroid (story needs to be told in scan logs or by visual clues). 

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Metallox said:
Samus Aran said:
Metroid Prime 2 is the best Metroid.

No one hates Echoes, and yes, Other M put the franchise in te freezer, but it didn't kill it.

People hate Age of Empires III but I like it, so I'll stick with that.

A lot of people hate echoes or think it's the worst in the Prime trilogy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw17mTIA2Qg

It is the worst of the trilogy, but it's still a fantastic game.

OdinHades said:
Final Fantasy XIII. People nearly killed me just because I enjoyed the game so much.

They directed their anger at the wrong person. They should have killed XIII, then we at least wouldn't have suffered the other 2. 

Yeah, the only metroid game people hate is other m (I thought it was decent, but not nearly as good as super metroid or the prime trilogy

but want i really meant to say is resident evil 6 ( i liked that game for some reason)

WorldhopperHoid said:

Yeah, the only metroid game people hate is other m (I thought it was decent, but not nearly as good as super metroid or the prime trilogy

^True, I can say I truly enjoyed it.

Around the Network

Mass Effect 3. Enough said.

Dynasty warriors series.

I saw some super mari sunshine and RE5, wich i feel the same way about.

Haha, saw the thread title and immediately thought, "Skyward Sword!"

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Samus Aran said:
curl-6 said:
Samus Aran said:

The third game is too easy and not enough isolation or atmosphere.

I found Elysia and the Pirate Homeworld two of the most atmospheric locations in the trilogy.

I actually think Valhalla is the most atmospheric location in the entire trilogy, but overall I think the game lacks in atmosphere because of the segmented planets. Space pirate homeworld was quite monotone in colour and didn't have many interesting scan logs. Still a good game of course (9/10). I just hope they go back to a less story driven Metroid (story needs to be told in scan logs or by visual clues). 

I'm kind of  the opposite, I liked the different planets in Prime 3 cos we got multiple cultures and more varied settings, but the single most atmospheric setting in the Trilogy to me is Light Aether.

Beyond: 2 Souls. Sure it's got some strange control decisions and I REALLY wish there was a chronological mode for the story especially after I beat it but the story is spectacularly acted and Willem Dafoe had me in tears during certain parts. It's just very engrossing the way it controls and gets you immersed in the characters just like Heavy Rain which was rated much higher (I love Heavy Rain but it's only slightly above Beyond in my opinion).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers