By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How come Nintendo doesn't remodel their Consoles until after they're dead?

NintenDO what NintenDO

Around the Network
jrRodney said:

No need to sell the system to me. I already have a Wii U. While I really like many Wii U games I often end up playing them with my pro controller so I don't see the problem in making an sku with just a pro controller priced at $199. That way I think more people would get a chance to experience Nintendo's great 8th gen exclusives. Make the gamepad optional in 1 single sku. I actually don't mind that the map is on the same screen as the game when it's available with just 1 button push.

The Wii actually had 3 models.
The original
The non backwards compatible
The mini

But yes Nintendo should do a Wii U 'slim' (even though it is already less than half the size of its competitors).

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Skidmore said:

That last one!!!!

kopstudent89 said:
Skidmore said:

That last one!!!!

I Liked the first one.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Around the Network
archer9234 said:

I think it's cause of the cost. They need to get the prices in manufacturing down first. Than they can pay for the redesign. But that takes a certain time. Though some revisions are released stupid late. GBA Micro, DSi, NES Top Loader, SNES JR, GBA Backlight, GB Light, Wii Mini, New 3DS.

Remodeling is mainly to cut costs down. PS2 slim and PS3 super slim have cheaper top loading drives, PS3 slim removed card reader, etc. They are done to make the base unit cheaper.

However, I wouldn't say they do that after the console is dead. The NES sold for a lot of years after the top loader, SNES was sold for a lot of years after the jr, and so on. Only Wii Mini was lauched on a dead console, but that's because the Wii had unusual short legs.

Because Nintendo is run by old people. Old people like to hang on to stuff for a very long time.

Skidmore said:
kopstudent89 said:
Skidmore said:

[pics with shitty Gamepad remodel ideas]

That last one!!!!

I Liked the first one.

I vastly prefer the current one.