By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How come Nintendo doesn't remodel their Consoles until after they're dead?

Not counting there Handheld devices (They do that WAY TO MUCH).

I'm talking about the NES (Came out in 1993. Two years after the SNES came out)

The SNES (Came out in 1997, a year after the N64 came out).

And the Wii (The Wii Mini came out after a year of the Wii U release).

I say this because I REALLY think a revamp version of the Wii U (ESPECIALLY TO THE GAMEPAD) can help boast up sales. Also because Sony does this and they are really good at it.

If you can make the Gamepad a lot sleeker, slimer, and Sexier... People COULD want to buy a Wii U. Just look at the different between the OG GBA and the GBA SP (The SP did eventually boast up sales of the GBA also).

Around the Network

Nintendo do a lot of stuff different than the others, I guess this is one of them.

Nothing Nintendo will do to its console will make it more popular. Only software will.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Sony mostly did it to fix the last two systems. The ps2 had a problem with some first models and the PS3 had a yellow lights thing. And microsoft had the three rings. Nintendo mostly gets it right the first time. So they don't bother changing it until the next gen. The wii mini was just to get some last wii juice before the wii u came out.

Wii U Slim would do well for sales. They should do that.

Around the Network
WhiteEaglePL said:

No it wouldn't WiiU's form factor is such a non talk point for anyone interested in buying the system. It's small as it is and discreet looking.

It's a totally different kettle of fish for Xbox One and PS4.

Seece said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

No it wouldn't WiiU's form factor is such a non talk point for anyone interested in buying the system. It's small as it is and discreet looking.

Wii U LARGE!

Okay okay, Wii U with Gamepad Slim/2.0/whatever they would call it. Also, I think N should make more bundles......

Bayonetta 2 + 1 (boxed) Bundle , Smash Bros Bundle , Splatoon Bundle ect.

And make more Pro Controllers because they are impossible  to find not online in my area.

Seece said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

I agree with you on the Xbox One, but the PS4 is actually pretty compact already. I was suprised at how small the PS4 is. 

WhiteEaglePL said:
Seece said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

Wii U LARGE!

Okay okay, Wii U with Gamepad Slim/2.0/whatever they would call it. Also, I think N should make more bundles......

Bayonetta 2 + 1 (boxed) Bundle , Smash Bros Bundle , Splatoon Bundle ect.

And make more Pro Controllers because they are impossible  to find not online in my area.

On second thought tho, if they radically changed the gamepad and improved it, I can see current WiiU owners wanting to upgrade. Only trouble is is it worth it for such a small userbase?

Nintendo consoles (especially recent ones) are usually pretty small and compact so I don't really think there is much demand for a Slim version. I think a slightly redesigned Wii U GamePad would be a good idea though, more compact and ergonomic.