By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How come Nintendo doesn't remodel their Consoles until after they're dead?

Mystro-Sama said:
Because theres really not that much to change? Look at the Wii U. It runs cool, quiet, it's energy efficient and it's the smallest console on the market right now. What do they need to change exactly?

:Cough: GAMEPAD :cough cough:

Seriously if they were to revamp the Gamepad and make it slimer and sleeker... it could do wonders for their sales. Consumers are all about looks instead of feel... They are REALLY reluctant to try something that LOOKS uncomfortable and will write it off solely on its looks (even though it's as comfortable as any controller).

Around the Network
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Because theres really not that much to change? Look at the Wii U. It runs cool, quiet, it's energy efficient and it's the smallest console on the market right now. What do they need to change exactly?

:Cough: GAMEPAD :cough cough:

Seriously if they were to revamp the Gamepad and make it slimer and sleeker... it could do wonders for their sales. Consumers are all about looks instead of feel... They are REALLY reluctant to try something that LOOKS uncomfortable and will write it off solely on its looks (even though it's as comfortable as any controller).

The only thing wrong with the gamepad is the battery life which is really shitty.

The only thing that needs a slim version is the Gamepad. Yeesh.

Mystro-Sama said:

The only thing wrong with the gamepad is the battery life which is really shitty.

...And that is looks like a giant, bulky fisherprice toy instead of a sleek peice of technology.

spemanig said:
Mystro-Sama said:

...And that is looks like a giant, bulky fisherprice toy instead of a sleek peice of technology.

Good thing you're not carrying it in public then.  

Around the Network

Nintendo usually makes hardware that does not break in a year. So no reason to have a slim version. Also Nintendo usually has efficient hardware so no reason to make a console that is even more power efficient.
And the biggest reason. Nintendo probably does not care about stuff like this at all.

Oh btw the others usually make "cheaper" hardware because they want more profit. Since Nintendo usually makes profit day1 or after a short period of time they dont need to make a slim version thats cheaper hardware than the initial version.

Mystro-Sama said:

I'm not the one they need to sell it to.

spemanig said:
Mystro-Sama said:

I agree with both of you. Although the Nintendo pad LOOKS like what Spemanig stated (lol) it feels the exact opposite.

And Mystro... I can only remember the Game Gear having worst battery life than the Game-pad... Yuck! They should include an upgrade to it if they ever want to do a redesign.

spemanig said:
Mystro-Sama said:

I'm not the one they need to sell it to.

It's funny you guys mentioned this. When I was a 16 year old teen I HATED bringing the OG GBA to school because it looked like a fisherprice toy as well (so not a hit with the ladies , even when I got a black one ). When the GBA SP released... I was like "FINALLY something I can play in public and not be embarrassed about!" (all the ladies swerved towards my direction! Okay maybe I'm exaggerating just a little... )!

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804