By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How come Nintendo doesn't remodel their Consoles until after they're dead?

Seece said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
Wii U Slim would do well for sales. They should do that.

No it wouldn't WiiU's form factor is such a non talk point for anyone interested in buying the system. It's small as it is and discreet looking.

It's a totally different kettle of fish for Xbox One and PS4.

Agreed 100% it's like saying a vita slim would do something 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Seece said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
Wii U Slim would do well for sales. They should do that.

No it wouldn't WiiU's form factor is such a non talk point for anyone interested in buying the system. It's small as it is and discreet looking.

It's a totally different kettle of fish for Xbox One and PS4.

But the GAMEPAD is a HUGE form of discussion... (it's ugly, it's huge, Nintendo should do away with it, it looks uncomfortable, etc.). Maybe they can remodel that ONLY...

The problem with the Gamepad is that despite its looks it is very comfortable to hold. I would be concerned that a smaller size could compromise the comfort, but I would be curious to see them try.

Having said that I'm not sure if the additional sales would be worth the time, effort and cost.

I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
Kerotan said:

But the GAMEPAD is a HUGE form of discussion... (it's ugly, it's huge, Nintendo should do away with it, it looks uncomfortable, etc.). Maybe they can remodel that ONLY...

I suggested that but nintendo fans tell me a lot of games need it so not an option unless they patch all those games. 

Nintendo consoles aren't very big so I don't think they really need a slim version. A redesign would be nice but nobody would really notice it, and it might make existing console owners a little angry.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

No reason to remodel perfect :P

This is the the type of article that reminds that i am one of the few that sees the gamepad as being a great innovation to gaming.

MoHasanie said:
Nintendo consoles aren't very big so I don't think they really need a slim version. A redesign would be nice but nobody would really notice it, and it might make existing console owners a little angry.

The Gamepad can be remodeled though. You know what, I'm just going to do a separate thread to this lol...

Also I've noticed Nintendo doesn't like to remake Consoles that don't do well sales wise. N64 didn't get a remake and neither did Gamecube, so it's HIGHLY unlikely even a remodel of the Gamepad will occur since the Wii U is on pace to be the 2nd worst selling Ninty console of all time...

They don't really need to.  They revamp controllers like Wii Motion Plus. I'd love to see a revamped gamepad but there is really nothing that needs revamping in their console. It's quite, small, and is energy efficient already.  Only reason would be if Nintendo could find a way to make it cheaper so they could provide a significant price drop.