By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Screw Nintendo's greed! No ac adapter?! Also...

ktay95 said:
Lol parents who dont read threads like this?? How about the box its on?? Or the employee trying to sell it them?? No, ok.

Yes, but there are some parents that will assume it comes with everything needed and not read the box, and there are not so knowledgeable employees like the Gamestop employee that told a customer that Wii Mini only plays downloaded games and not disks, which is the opposite of the truth. I had to tell the customers that it plays disks only.

Around the Network

LudicrousSpeed said:

Also, it's not as if Nintendo is alone in this

They're not. All these companies have their bottom lines to look at and investors to listen to.

*yawn* Another of these threads. More anger about a problem, that surely is annoying but afterall no biggie. Again, no such uproar as the same happened in Japan or europe, only Americany seem to be hot to collect unreal amounts of useless AC-adapters. And seem unable to buy an adapter if they need one. But again a thread, that isn't complaining about much more important things:
* propietary adapter
* region lock
* NO NEW 3DS WITH CHANGEABLE FACEPLATES IN THE US - WTF NINTENDO!!!!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Well I do agree that not including the AC adapter is stupid, I don't think its thattttt big of a deal because Nintendo is not missleading anyone. It says on the box that there is no AC adapter included and AC adapters are fairly cheap. Its kind of like how a Vita doesn't come with a memory card (unless you get a bundle) which makes the handheld pretty useless cause you can't save your progress in most of the games you play but since it says on the box that you need a memory card, its not thatttt bad. Although, the prices on those memory cards comparatively is terrible since you can get a charger for < $10 vs 4gb vita memory card that costed $20 during launch ($15 now) and it was the lowest one you could get. And you also have to deal with the annoying "delete and redownload" the games cause 4gb can't hold fuck all where as the 3ds charger will just work so its just a minor (yet stupid) annoyance

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

- Double Post wtf-

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
ktay95 said:
Lol parents who dont read threads like this?? How about the box its on?? Or the employee trying to sell it them?? No, ok.

Parents don't always read the box unfortunately. That's why I at times would hear kids playing CoD or Gears of War.

You are correct.

New and fascinating: My fellow Americans express outrage at a company based on their own stupidity. IT'S THE AMERICAN WAY!

Permabanned,

-Mr Khan

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Well I do agree that not including the AC adapter is stupid, I don't think its thattttt big of a deal because Nintendo is not missleading anyone. It says on the box that there is no AC adapter included and AC adapters are fairly cheap. Its kind of like how a Vita doesn't come with a memory card which makes the handheld pretty useless cause you can't save your progress in most of the games you play but since it says on the box that you need a memory card, its not thatttt bad. Although, the prices on those memory cards comparatively is terrible since you can get a charger for < $10 vs 4gb vita memory card that costed $20 during launch and it was the lowest one you could get.

The reasons I don't feel Vita's memory cards are as big of a deal--though still an issue--are that some games have built in saves, and newer Vita's have built in memory for saves. It is not always mandatory to have a memory card for Vita, but is is mandatory to have a charger! Not yelling at you, just angry with Nintendo.

Also, some parents will not read it unfortunately.

At least you can buy an adapter. You can't buy bluetooth for it -.-

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Not hateful, just angry.