By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order1886 Has Gone Gold New Trailer Shows Fantastic New Gameplay & Environments PO Details Revealed

Goodnightmoon said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
riderz13371 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The problem is when it feels like the game plays itself alone, when it feels like you do little to nothing, just see long CGIs with overdramatic an stereotypical storytelling, press some bottoms on quick time events, and shoot some enemies on the way with almost automatic target, Is like you are doing NOTHING, and you don´t get any fun playing it, you just keep playing to see the end of the story, and there are tons of disapointing endings on this overhyped cinematic games, and once you´ve play it, that´s all, there´s no interest in re-playing a linear average fps that plays itself alone once the story is out, you are paying 70 BUCKS FOR A FILM! 

What is this...I can't even right now guys

Just ignore it, some things aren't worth it.

Yeah, like probably this game ;)

And btw I was talking general, not about this game only, I haven´t play it and it has the chance of surprise me but I feel, seeing the gameplay that they´ve showed, that this is gonna be one of that games.

Belive me as a PlayaStation Fan i am prefer Bloodborn then The Order, the reason because it's not my type of games, the same with Bayoneta (the frist one)  that is a rip of Devil May Cry. But i do believe there is a market and people who buy this kind of games, So i hope you understand, if not then you can send your complain to all PS fans around the world why they buy this type games.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

No i don´t, but the game has this amount of hype since day one, when we didn´t know about cool weapons and cool music (something that everybody was expecting btw) So don´t try to convince me, i´m gonna play the game anyway because some friends of mine are hyped loooooong time ago with this (like so many people) and they don´t now nothing abouut the game, but looks amazing on trailers, an that´s what the 80% of people neeeds to buy the game, wich is a shame.

The game has been bashed and hated on since day one by the majority of people. 

Also, in response to a previous comment you made.  The game has the highest preorders becausue it's exclusive.  If you add PS4 and XBO preorders for a few of the multiconsole games, each game will have more preorders than The Order.  Use some common sense.  

Goodnightmoon said:
Aura7541 said:

I'm interested in the The Order for its storytelling since, you know.... that is the game's main focus.

Is like saying " Im interested on a movie for it´s music since, you know... that´s the film focuse ". Well, than is probably not a good movie, is a movie with a great bso. Main focus of a good game used to be gameplay.

Ah, the gameplay police.  Out of curiosity, how do you rank games like The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us?

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Aura7541 said:

I'm interested in the The Order for its storytelling since, you know.... that is the game's main focus.

Is like saying " Im interested on a movie for it´s music since, you know... that´s the film focuse ". Well, than is probably not a good movie, is a movie with a great bso. Main focus of a good game used to be gameplay.

Ah, the gameplay police.  Out of curiosity, how do you rank games like The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us?

Like graphic adventures, great graphic adventures by the way, is not like an action "game" without anything to do ;)

SubiyaCryolite said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Aura7541 said:

Or heck, point-and-click adventure games, too. You can't really focus much on gameplay since the genre is pretty self-explanatory. However, that didn't stop many games of this genre to be well received.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Aura7541 said:

Like graphic adventures, great graphic adventures by the way, not an action "game" without anything to do ;)

Good thing that the gameplay is TPS with plenty of chances to die and for your play to effect the outcome.  Check out the trophy list there's a gazillion for killing enemies in certain ways.  Just because a game has cinematic moments or QTE doesn't mean they just threw all the gameplay out lol.  Check TLoU.  It has QTE moments and more funneled sections then for the main gameplay parts it opens things up and lets your stealth, blast, or bash your way through a pretty large area the way you want.  Not every game has to be open world you know.  That's what separates the order and those "graphic adventures" as you call them.  It has gameplay and great storytelling.  I love those games and platinumed them btw and I agree they're just a different genre.  Point and click isn't the only one that can be story driven though.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Average gameplay would be enough for me to buy the game because everything else looks good to me. Gameplay is the most important aspect of any game for sure, but everything else around it can still raise a game up a great deal.

Graphics, both in terms of fidelity and art style, look fantastic. The setting also looks great, a steampunk (although I read the devs don't really like calling it that) London, lots of atmosphere.

Some of the music sounds fantastic.

Guns look pretty good, especially that shotgun used in that often-seen gif, as well as the laser beam/arc-gun something or other.

The story sounds interesting, with the half breeds, and the possibilities of what that might bring to gameplay.

My concerns are with the gameplay and length. Insta-fail stealth sections and an overuse of QTEs are a worry. I really don't expect the game to review well (under 70 meta for sure), but I am still hopeful it will appeal to me in the end.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Good or bad, only Sony would attempt something like this. This is why I love Playstation.

I'm sure it would be good even if it reviews poorly which it will.

Goodnightmoon said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Aura7541 said:

Like graphic adventures, great graphic adventures by the way, is not like an action "game" without anything to do ;)

The Order: 1886 has a lot of gameplay and some very creative weapons.

GTAexpert said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Good or bad, only Sony would attempt something like this. This is why I love Playstation.

I'm sure it would be good even if it reviews poorly which it will.

The devs said the game will be tweaked for multiplayer after the first game. THe first game is just about landing the story and core mechanics. It seems to be mimmicking Uncharteds developmental style even though its more over the shoulder than Uncharted was.