By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order1886 Has Gone Gold New Trailer Shows Fantastic New Gameplay & Environments PO Details Revealed

S.T.A.G.E. said:
GTAexpert said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Good or bad, only Sony would attempt something like this. This is why I love Playstation.

I'm sure it would be good even if it reviews poorly which it will.

The devs said the game will be tweaked for multiplayer after the first game. THe first game is just about landing the story and core mechanics. It seems to be mimmicking Uncharteds developmental style even though its more over the shoulder than Uncharted was. 

I think a lot of the press have already made up their minds about this game when its gameplay was first shown. Just take a look at Eurogamer's "Why you shouldn't preorder The Order: 1886" article, the bring up points which gop for many other games but never get pointed out for them. Also I think they are also looking into the negatve perceptions about this game on the internet and will get more attention when they promote these perceptions.

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:

Like I said, you can have fun with throwing ''agenda'' around if that makes you feel good. That's fine. You're entitled to that if you wish,thats on you.

I however post everywhere on all companies articles, so im good to go either way :)

the point here is that you were wrong... the games that are touted as being the best looking games do not sell even close to the most copies

and honestly i'm getting sick of hearing the "oh anyone that owns a ps4 or xb1 only cares about graphics!" nonsense

my favourite game on my ps4 is plants vs zombies garden warfare not because of graphics but because the game is fun

thatguymarco said:
o_O.Q said:

the vest majority of games are not ground breaking... in fact the very title "ground breaking" means that its a very very rare occurance

its the reason why nintendo for example can continue to release sequels to their olders games series and people still buy and enjoy them

because a game only needs to be enjoyable for people to invest in it it does not need to innovate it does not need to rewrite a genre etc

i wonder, however, if i'll see you bashing other games series for not being ground breaking

Actually, I don't have any problem with the game not being "groundbraking" in the slightest, hell, my favorite game of all time isn't groundbraking in the slightest and I stilll fucking love it, I just have a problem with trailers portraying games in such light, look at what the guys in the trailer are saying, I'm pretty sure the editors just took the most positive receptions of the people to make the game look better and that way hype more people up. Maybe it isn't fair to judge the game for doing this since A LOT of other games/movies/music/ANYTHING do this, but I believe that you should let your game speak by itself, if people are impressed/interested in your game, they'll buy it, there's no reason to try to hype us up with words of other players.

"Actually, I don't have any problem with the game not being "groundbraking" in the slightest"

so why bring it up then?

" I just have a problem with trailers portraying games in such light"

that is how marketing works if someone has a product to market they always portray it as being outstanding in some way because how else would they be able to sell that product?

"Maybe it isn't fair to judge the game for doing this since A LOT of other games/movies/music/ANYTHING do this"

no not a lot... all do this because that is what the core of marketing is about

"but I believe that you should let your game speak by itself, if people are impressed/interested in your game, they'll buy it"

lol so they should not try to market their product? how else are they going to get it sold?

GTAexpert said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The devs said the game will be tweaked for multiplayer after the first game. THe first game is just about landing the story and core mechanics. It seems to be mimmicking Uncharteds developmental style even though its more over the shoulder than Uncharted was. 

I think a lot of the press have already made up their minds about this game when its gameplay was first shown. Just take a look at Eurogamer's "Why you shouldn't preorder The Order: 1886" article, the bring up points which gop for many other games but never get pointed out for them. Also I think they are also looking into the negatve perceptions about this game on the internet and will get more attention when they promote these perceptions.

There is plenty to fear about this game, but there is also plenty that we dont know; For instance, 90% of the gameplay footage that we have seen was early footage. Whose to say most of that wasn't fixed along the way? I think this game could be a sleeper.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

There is plenty to fear about this game, but there is also plenty that we dont know; For instance, 90% of the gameplay footage that we have seen was early footage. Whose to say most of that wasn't fixed along the way? I think this game could be a sleeper until reviews hit.

Not really.. a lot of it is just made up. FUD, so to speak.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
GTAexpert said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

There is plenty to fear about this game, but there is also plenty that we dont know; For instance, 90% of the gameplay footage that we have seen was early footage. Whose to say most of that wasn't fixed along the way? I think this game could be a sleeper.

My point was even if its fixed and the game is amazing many reviewers will give it poor reviews because they have already made up their minds. Eurogamer is definitely one of them.

GTAexpert said:

My point was even if its fixed and the game is amazing many reviewers will give it poor reviews because they have already made up their minds. Eurogamer is definitely one of them.

I don't know. Human nature tends to say that once standards are lowered a thing that is unexpected to be satisfying becomes more satisfying than once thought.

After seeing the trophy list, I am pretty sure this game will get less than 80 metascore. Definitely will sell it as soon as I finish the story.

Just finished reading through this thread. Didn't know we had so many psychic members.

4 ≈ One

Too much third person 5/10 IGN

OT. That trailer is the best one out. We need more like that. BTW, this game is nowhere near hyped. Hopefully this game surprises a lot of people, me included.