By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 sold less than 135K in the US

So that settles it. American Nintendo Fans have bad taste in games.

I kid... I kid..

But seriously, that is low. Would never have thought it be that low. Sucks though, so many missing out on a great game.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
Insidb said:
jlmurph2 said:
Insidb said:

As I said previously, it outsold Wolfenstein and Evil Within on the X1, which I would consider selling "well."

Nope

In that case, I'll accept your assessment: triple A titles sell poorly on the X1 and WiiU and only sell well on the PS4.

I guess, by extension, you are calling those the former two consoles failures. That's harsh, but I can understand your assertion.

Only if that were a true statement and you weren't cherry-picking. lol why bring up those games?? Why not compare Bayo 2 with another 3rd party exclusive that released at the same time and had much more competition?

i love when people bring up games out of thin air that has nothing to do with nothing. Like im supposed to change my mind.

oniyide said:
jlmurph2 said:
Insidb said:
jlmurph2 said:
Insidb said:

As I said previously, it outsold Wolfenstein and Evil Within on the X1, which I would consider selling "well."

Nope

In that case, I'll accept your assessment: triple A titles sell poorly on the X1 and WiiU and only sell well on the PS4.

I guess, by extension, you are calling those the former two consoles failures. That's harsh, but I can understand your assertion.

Only if that were a true statement and you weren't cherry-picking. lol why bring up those games?? Why not compare Bayo 2 with another 3rd party exclusive that released at the same time and had much more competition?

i love when people bring up games out of thin air that has nothing to do with nothing. Like im supposed to change my mind.

You should read my response to you. You should also read the preceding posts in a thread before pulling refutations out of thin air. You both haven't read the whole thread, but you both elected to jump in to insult the game's sales, wielding the full weight of your opinions. 

Insidb said:
oniyide said:
Insidb said:

Yet...it did very well, especially considering it's limited market.

you and i have a very different defintion of "well" agree to disagree

And as said you and I have a different defintions of what well is. Dont know why you brought up those two games as i wouldnt consider those to be doing well either.

Previously in this thread, there was a discussion about the impact on its sales, due to it not being multiplatform. Someone cited 3 games (Those were 2 of them.) as examples of how it should not be expected to sell as well as a multiplat title. As it turns out, it outsold them on a console with smaller install base and that's ignoring the potential impact of PS4 sales (the console with the largest install base). The references were topically relevant.

OK...still not convincing me its doing well. And since this is a thread about NPD numbers for Bayo 2 which are factual numbers you are still kinda wrong as Vgchartz has it overtracked by alot so it hasnt even outsold either game.

Insidb said:
oniyide said:
Insidb said:

And as said you and I have a different defintions of what well is. Dont know why you brought up those two games as i wouldnt consider those to be doing well either.

Previously in this thread, there was a discussion about the impact on its sales, due to it not being multiplatform. Someone cited 3 games (Those were 2 of them.) as examples of how it should not be expected to sell as well as a multiplat title. As it turns out, it outsold them on a console with smaller install base and that's ignoring the potential impact of PS4 sales (the console with the largest install base). The references were topically relevant.

Where are you getting these figures from? VGC? Its massively overtracked.

Also, they were released when X1 had the smaller install base.

Around the Network
Insidb said:
oniyide said:
jlmurph2 said:
Insidb said:
jlmurph2 said:
Insidb said:

Nope

You should read my response to you. You should also read the preceding posts in a thread before pulling refutations out of thin air. You both haven't read the whole thread, but you both elected to jump in to insult the game's sales, wielding the full weight of your opinions. 

Read the whole thread for what? Its simple i said the game isnt doing well, you disagreed and to try to say i am wrong you bring up two other games that arent doing well. Why? what was the purpose of that? Was i supposed to say "ok it is doing well"?

oniyide said:
Insidb said:

Read the whole thread for what? Its simple i said the game isnt doing well, you disagreed and to try to say i am wrong you bring up two other games that arent doing well. Why? what was the purpose of that? Was i supposed to say "ok it is doing well"?

Don't forget he said "very well" 

jlmurph2 said:
oniyide said:
Insidb said:

Don't forget he said "very well" 

i know, i was trying to give him an out :(

I blame these so called "Harcore" gamers... they cried like little babies when it turned out to be exlusive to Wii-U ( beacuse Nintendo funded it and it wouldn't been made without them) and with it having a meta of 91 they still didn't get it, there's no excuse for them not to buy a cheap Wii-U to play it... they have no problem buying the same yearly game over and over again.

Compared to bayo 1 that sold around 2 million copies on a consolebase of 160+ million userbase...

lets face it "hardcore" gamers wouldn't have bought this game if it were released on One/Ps4, this is just another one of these "blame Nintendo for everthing" threads/replies from Nintendo non-lovers.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
I blame these so called "Harcore" gamers... they cried like little babies when it turned out to be exlusive to Wii-U ( beacuse Nintendo funded it and it wouldn't been made without them) and with it having a meta of 91 they still didn't get it, there's no excuse for them not to buy a cheap Wii-U to play it... they have no problem buying the same yearly game over and over again.

Compared to bayo 1 that sold around 2 million copies on a consolebase of 160+ million userbase...

lets face it "hardcore" gamers wouldn't have bought this game if it were released on One/Ps4, this is just another one of these "blame Nintendo for everthing" threads/replies from Nintendo non-lovers.

Come on, bro. Do you seriously expect people to buy a system for one game? You cannot blame them for that. If they were interested in what Nintendo offered along with Bayonetta then I could understand, but its just unrealistic of an expectation to think Bayonetta was a system seller.