By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Warriors

Tagged games:

Would you buy this?

Yes 21 67.74%

No 10 32.26%

Total:31

I would, the thing about warriors cross overs for me is I have to like the theme. Final Fantasy would make a good theme.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Hmm, I'm skeptical. I'm not sure how well it would really work.

How is hard to imagine? There's more than enough material to a heavy action game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

thatguymarco said:

Same here, I really hate the concept of Dynasty Warriors, although, I think that the series that could fit the most with a Zelda skin regarding gameplay and controls would be Kingdom Hearts, but a Zelda May Cry or Zelda Gaiden would suffice nicely.

To me, Zelda and Kingdom Heart's combat is much to similar to base a spin off on. That's why Zelda May Cry/Zelda Gaiden would have been so awesome. Just as a spin off, though.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet.

In fact, I'm surprised more crossover titles haven't been developed for the Warriors series in general. They seem to be the most popular...

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

FarleyMcFirefly said:
If it came to Wii U, i'd buy it!

I wanna see Fire Emblem Warriors!

I'd buy a "Fire Emblem Warriors" in a heart beat. The franchise has alot of characters, alot of different settings, epic castle sieges. Makes too much sense!

Around the Network

feels like you would just have a bunch of boy bands running around with big ass swords and women healing them.

kidding aside, i would say no.  I always found FF games to be a bit rediculous fighting wise.  I mean most of the enemies are guys with machine guns and you have a sword or use magic.  When the enemy goes he shoots you with like 10 bullets and you take a little bit of damage.  Or a big ass robot does the same.

Now imagine that in a warriors games.  You would have 100's of grunts shooting thousands of bullets at you and you take like zero damage.  Or being a warriors game 100's of grunts with machine guns not shooting at you but just stanidng there tkaing an ass wooping.  The fact that so many grunt enemeis in FF games use machine guns make it feel like it won't fit well in a wwarriors game.  Would make me constantly thinking "why the fuck doesn't on eof you shoot at me"

irstupid said:

feels like you would just have a bunch of boy bands running around with big ass swords and women healing them.

kidding aside, i would say no.  I always found FF games to be a bit rediculous fighting wise.  I mean most of the enemies are guys with machine guns and you have a sword or use magic.  When the enemy goes he shoots you with like 10 bullets and you take a little bit of damage.  Or a big ass robot does the same.

Now imagine that in a warriors games.  You would have 100's of grunts shooting thousands of bullets at you and you take like zero damage.  Or being a warriors game 100's of grunts with machine guns not shooting at you but just stanidng there tkaing an ass wooping.  The fact that so many grunt enemeis in FF games use machine guns make it feel like it won't fit well in a wwarriors game.  Would make me constantly thinking "why the fuck doesn't on eof you shoot at me"

You're overthinking it way too much.

Aeolus451 said:
think-man said:
Aeolus451 said:
They would need to change some things in the warrior type games to give it more appeal to more people.

What would you suggest?

Smarter A.I. or that it adapts to you and your tactics. Make the officers, you, the army have equipable gear and overall more customizable. Have pretty in depth character creation and character editing. I would like a little more strategy to it then just capturing bases then go to the next one. That's all i can think of.

Hey, you know how I know you haven't played a Musou in a while? Outside of the army, you're able to equip skills, abilities, and gear for yourself and officers. The character creation is pretty nice in new Musou titles as well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Aeolus451 said:
irstupid said:

You're overthinking it way too much.

Was first thing that popped in my head.  What is the grunts that will fill up 99% of the bad guys in a level that do nothing.  Thinking of the Final Fantasy games its some random soldier with an automatic gun of some sort, usually a rifle of some sort.  And that just feels stupid having 100's of guys with automatic rifles just standing there while your running around slashing them with your oversized sword.

That's why Zelda was fine, casue you have enemies with clubs or swords.  Or Fire Emblem would be great, cause again old fashioned weapons.  

Throwing in guns feel slike it would make me lose what little immersion the games offer.  Yea warrior gamesmake you feel like your a god by killing hundreds in seconds, but at least with primitive weapons you sort of a have that illusion that they aren't just decorations that don't really ever attack you but instead you are just way better with a sword than them, or whatever weapon you have.

outlawauron said:
Aeolus451 said:
think-man said:
Aeolus451 said:
They would need to change some things in the warrior type games to give it more appeal to more people.

What would you suggest?

Smarter A.I. or that it adapts to you and your tactics. Make the officers, you, the army have equipable gear and overall more customizable. Have pretty in depth character creation and character editing. I would like a little more strategy to it then just capturing bases then go to the next one. That's all i can think of.

Hey, you know how I know you haven't played a Musou in a while? Outside of the army, you're able to equip skills, abilities, and gear for yourself and officers. The character creation is pretty nice in new Musou titles as well.

You can't do any of that in a more in depth way, right?